Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Fabric Postcard Swap - Registration Closes 11-17

This swap is for winter fabric postcards, not Christmas related. These postcards can be mailed as is or in a package.

Cards are 4x6 when finsihed and can be done in any medium. Google "fabric postcards" and you will get tons of information on how to make them. Let your creativity flow.

RULES

1. Cards must be made before partner is assigned. PM me to join in.

2. Mailing date is firm and must include delivery confirmation. You can send it first class mail package and get the delivery confirmation.

3. If you don't follow through, you will not be allowed to join in on any of the swaps hosted by me and I will leave negative feedback and let the other hosts know.

4. Let's have fun and if this turns out great we will try and do another.

5. This swap has been approved by PatriceJ.

6. Deadline for mailing is December 17.

PM sent...sounds fun :)

Yours is the only one I've received Brenda. I will give it a few days and if there isn't anymore interest, I will cancel the swap.

Suzanne

Blog Entries
    I'm probably being a little bit slow but I am not sure how this works. Do you make one postcard and have one partner? Could just be because it is Friday and it has been a long week! :-D

Yes, or you can have 5 partners if you can make that many cards. I would prefer that we do just one to see if 1)everyone likes it 2)if we feel like we could do more than one partner at a time.

I just made one and it took me about 30 minutes. I will post a pic in a bit, my back is screaming at me.

Suzanne

Blog Entries
    Thanks Suzanne.

Sorry about your back. Mine was screaming (I describe it with the same word) and my quilting board friend just sent me an email telling me that her back was screaming today too.

My massage therapist told me yesterday that I should stand up every 30 minutes. Hard to do when you just want to sew a little more.... a little more..... etc.
    We quilters must all be alike. :D

I am interested in this too. I'll work on it next week and see how it goes. But I'd love to participate in this. Sounds fun!

Here are some awful pictures (hard to take good ones when it's 3am and the hubby is sleeping.

The first one has personal info on it so it's blocked, the second one is one I'm working on now. They are a little blurry but will post better pictures later today.

Suzanne
    Attached Images Attached Images

This looks fun ! pm sent !

Suzanne,
    These are very cute.
    I made one a couple of years ago (it was the very first project that I made when I bought my first sewing machine, I like to think that my skills have improved :oops: ), but I thought I'll throw it out there for ideas. What do you think about something like this?

I hope this swap goes through, I am sending you a PM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

candi - that is beautiful !

Candi, that is perfect! The Christmas Card was the first one I have done. It looked so fun, I wanted to do a swap.

Suzanne

I am in, too, Suzanne. I haven't done any fab postcards since 2007. This will be fun.

I have had a screaming back for 2 days now. I take arthritis med (Mobic) and yesterday I also took 2 Aleve, even tho I am not suppose to. I don't want to take strong pain pill, I want to sew. So, I guess me and my back will scream!! lol

I can't stand my back to scream at me and I'm on a 75mg Duragesic Patch that helps very little.

I have a torn disc at L4 and a ruptured disc at L5. Took me straight out of my nursing career and on the disabled list.

Hope your back is better soon.

Suzanne

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Me too and I will tell friends to come look. I will pm you now

Blog Entries
    I would love to join this swap too! I think it will be a LOT of fun :D:D:D

np3
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm in. Anything for Debbie U.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
    Yours is the only one I've received Brenda. I will give it a few days and if there isn't anymore interest, I will cancel the swap.

Suzanne
    With a registration closing date of 11-17 stated in the title, you posted the above message about canceling the swap on 10-22 about 6 hours after you initially posted about the swap? Wow, Suzanne, that sure seems premature, especially since the instructions for/procedures for how this swap works are not defined clearly in your initial post. You say cards must be made before partner will be assigned. So is participant to send you her/his mailing information and a) send either a photo to you of her finished card before you send her partner's mailing information or b)do you require that cards are mailed to you and then you mail them out to a partner? I suspect it's not option b) for verifying that card is made because that would require you to have postage costs.

So just how is this supposed to work?

Another question, if registration closes 11-17 and cards are made before partner is assigned, why the delay for shipping deadline(Dec. 17?).

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Ok let's not make this harder than it is. We will make our postcards and then get our partner. This way we know you have one done. If I make 4 I get four( if available). This will be fun. Hi NP3 glad you joined and Candi. There's a few names missing still but they are coming.
    Registration closes the 11/17 but we can still finish our cards up to the 12/17 deadline. I get it. As long as you know we are in the swap that's what counts. Yeah SuzanneTX, another great swap.
    I do agree though with Puffin. If we can't tell you until we finish a card then you may not thnk there are enough of us participating. I say we pm you we are in and let you know when we are done. Then get the partners, let me know if this is correct thinking. LOL.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I do agree though with Puffin. If we can't tell you until we finish a card then you may not thnk there are enough of us participating. I say we pm you we are in and let you know when we are done. Then get the partners, let me know if this is correct thinking. LOL.[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Oh....I see what they are now. Craftybear and I were just talking about these...I'll do one!!! Well....actually I'll probably end up doing about 20 before I get ONE that is good enough to swap...ROFL!! PMing you now.

Blog Entries
    Ok have a question--- Can I embroider a snowman on fabric attach it to the card and that is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Ok have a question--- Can I embroider a snowman on fabric attach it to the card and that is it ?
    That would be one of doing it...some people will embroider and some won't (or like me, can't) haha :)

Can an international join this too??

Blog Entries
    I have an embroidery machine :wink: LOL

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast