Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wintery Holiday in July 6-1/2" square fabric swap Closed!  WE ARE FULL!!! >

Wintery Holiday in July 6-1/2" square fabric swap Closed! WE ARE FULL!!!

Wintery Holiday in July 6-1/2" square fabric swap Closed! WE ARE FULL!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 PM

I got mine today!!! I can't believe all the variety. Great job swapping them out. I love the embroidered squares. Thank you everyone for such beautiful fabric!
I, too, wish there was spell check :) :) :)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 AM

YEA!!! So glad y'all are liking them!!! :)
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM

Received my swap blocks today also --Thank you all for the beautiful assortment....meed to think about my plan.

I've started the squares for the next I Spy swap and have 1 1/2 sets embroidered. As I said before they are one color and so far going with a western theme but had a an "Oh, no" moment. When I was growing up, westerns were for everybody or a gender neutral thingy. Is that still true? Thinking along the lines of cowboy hat, boots, saddle, etc. Want to be fair to all so let me know.

Mary Ellen
Still can't find the spell check thingy.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by marybrace
Received my swap blocks today also --Thank you all for the beautiful assortment....meed to think about my plan.

I've started the squares for the next I Spy swap and have 1 1/2 sets embroidered. As I said before they are one color and so far going with a western theme but had a an "Oh, no" moment. When I was growing up, westerns were for everybody or a gender neutral thingy. Is that still true? Thinking along the lines of cowboy hat, boots, saddle, etc. Want to be fair to all so let me know.

Mary Ellen
Yep!!! Definately gender neutral!!! I'm seeing a lot of "western" theme rooms for girls down here, but I'm from Texas, so what do I know. ;) ;) ;)

As for spell check, I don't think there is one. :?:
Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 AM

As for spell check, I don't think there is one.
Yosamitesa

Darn!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 PM

thank you all who participated going to take them on vacation next week and sort to how i want to put together--cant wait they are all so beautiful
Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa
Originally Posted by marybrace

Mary Ellen
Yep!!! Definately gender neutral!!! I'm seeing a lot of "western" theme rooms for girls down here, but I'm from Texas, so what do I know. ;) ;) ;)

As for spell check, I don't think there is one. :?:
Boy or Girl???? I think it just depends on the person. I made my niece a western themed quilt when she was born. It was red and pale green. (and we are in California)
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM

How exciting. Received my Holiday/Winter fabric squares today. As everyone else has said, "great variety." Thanks everyone.

Special thanks to our coordinator and to Marybrace for the embroidered blocks. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 PM

Received my blocks today also! I love each and every one..great variety in colors and styles!! I'm signing up for the Aug one... Thanks Yosamitesa for hosting.. great job!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Received my blocks yesterday! So much fun. My daughter can't wait for them to come also. As soon as they get here she has to sit down with me and look at everyone two or three times and she is 13. All the blocks are beautiful. Already signed up for August. Thanks everyone. Thanks Yosamitesa for doing the swaps.