Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Bless the Container Store >

Bless the Container Store

Bless the Container Store

Old 06-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Default Bless the Container Store

I try to be organized, but since we moved into a small cabin, which is half the size of our old house I've been trying to deal with stuff. Linens have been a big problem. I have an outdoor laundry area/closet that closes off to the elements and have been storing the bed sheets, towels, napkins, tablecloths, blankets, etc on the overhead shelves in that space. It was always a mess. I finally went to the Container Store website and ordered some zippered, nylon, cloth containers with labels. Oh my Gawd! What a difference they have made in my life! I can now find my Queen sheets, my Full sheets, my napkins, etc., all with just a glance. Nothing is tumbling off the shelves,or in a messy heap. The area also looks so nice and neat!

I'm a cheapy and normally, I would never spend money on such an "extravagance," but the $106 I spent on those containers was well worth it. I suppose that I could have made some, but honestly, I don't think that I ever would have. I've also recently purchased some dividers and metal shelves for my holiday platters and canned goods from the Container Store. I'm in love with that place!

~ C
Old 06-08-2020, 08:26 AM

Glad you found a way to organize things with items from the Container Store. I have only been in one of those kind of stores but loved all of the ideas they present.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:32 PM

Isn't it great?
I just did the same with all my fabric, but I cheaped out and went to the Dollar store. and got one clear bin with a lid for each colour. Like you, now nothing is falling off the shelves.

I don't dare open my linen closet, however.

Watson.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:49 PM

Did you say CStore? That is my run-away for the day place to go. Field trip with the sewing buddies means a side trip there.

My sewing room is organized mostly from there. Four of the wire basket systems. I use one of them for thread -embroidery thread spools and serger cones. Dry erase board cut to drawer size and golf tees that are hot glued in place.

The door gift wrap organizer is on the back of the door. It holds stabilizer rolls, scissors, etc. One wall is the book shelf system.
Small file drawers holds notions, bobbins, etc.One of the fridge binz is the perfect size for fat quarters. Poppins hamper holds long dies and bolts of fabric.

Did you say Cstore?
Old 06-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

I love The Container Store. I consider it the happiest place on earth. We did our closets with Elfa shelving.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:54 AM

That would be so nice to have, thanks for the idea. It reminds me of my favorite graduation gift after high school. A friend of my mom purchased a long dress wardrobe bag. She said for college formals, it always seems to be raining and she was right. Of course that was when Sororities had college formals. I don't know if they still do. Then when I got married, the same friend purchased formal china bags for the plates, cups and saucers. Yep, still have the wedding china in them.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:51 AM

FYI - the rolling carts are on sale at the container store website. There is also a peg board that can attach to end of cart that I’m going to try.