Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
The Bunker - finally all set up >

The Bunker - finally all set up

The Bunker - finally all set up

Old 03-16-2018, 05:10 PM

Your beautiful space is so bright, cheerful & comfy!! Good job changing it & adapting it to meet all of your needs!
I like your laundry room counter, backsplash and open shelves above too - I want to do something like that in ours and I need to find a way to hide /box in the ugly taps and hoses.

What did you cover your big ironing board with? Looks just the right size for pressing!!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 PM

Beautiful! Well thought out! A perfect ‘quilter’s bunker’! It’s so nice to have such a supportive husband too
Old 03-22-2018, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
Your beautiful space is so bright, cheerful & comfy!! Good job changing it & adapting it to meet all of your needs!
I like your laundry room counter, backsplash and open shelves above too - I want to do something like that in ours and I need to find a way to hide /box in the ugly taps and hoses.

What did you cover your big ironing board with? Looks just the right size for pressing!!
It is a regular ironing board with a 1/4” piece of birch plywood on top. Basically a homemade version of the ‘Big Board’. I purchased the birch at Home Depot, had them cut it to size, then I covered it with a layer of foil, cotton batting and heavy muslin.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:36 AM

WOW!! Truly wonderful! Enjoy it for years to come in very good health. Lucky you for having such a great hubby. Very best wishes for you!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 AM

I love your bunker! You've done a great job making it cozy and welcoming to play in.

My husband calls mine Area 51, because once I go down, I'm never seen or heard from again!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:17 AM

WOW! No, WOW!WOW! Can't lie right now i'm jealous ! Looks like a dream setup! and your DH sounds pretty good too! Enjoy your retirement!