Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Clean Slate, Coming Along >

Clean Slate, Coming Along

Clean Slate, Coming Along

Old 04-19-2015, 04:48 PM

Lucky you! A new place to create!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

You will love it when it is done. Enjoy your new space....
Old 04-20-2015, 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone! We're coming along. Slowly, but surely. We're only able to do the major work on Tuesdays and Sundays, so on the off days, we're trying to maintain the semblance of a clean house, do the minor work and still homeschool. Yesterday most of the floor went down. Tomorrow we're going to instal a new fan in the bathroom ceiling, since it's just below my new storage area, before laying down the floor in that room. Then we can wire and finish installing the new windows. After that it will be time to sheet rock. Debbie C, I'm more NNY than CNY, so I still think I'm quite a bit out of your way, lol. I'm just a little over an hour south of Canada.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Plans look great. Congrats on your new space!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:36 PM

I'm so excited! After learning that the second floor ceiling/attic floor was rotting and the support beams all needed to be changed we decided to changed our expected finish date to Mother's Day...and we may just make it! The last of the wiring will be done by this Sunday when my brother comes to do the three way light wiring. Then we'll finish the last of the insulating, switch out the windows and frame in the interior separating wall! Hopefully we can start hanging dry wall Monday and painting by next weekend!!

Of course, finishing this room is just the beginning of the full home remodel, but it's a start and I know that finishing it will be a sort of accomplishment that can fuel us forward as we go. After the sewing room is complete and put in order, then the old sewing room will be ready to be remodeled as a new master bedroom...on the first floor! My aching back, hips and leg will love that. I told DH that all I wanted for Mother's Day was to have that room finished and a nice relaxing day with no remodeling work. His aging great aunt seems to be sinking slowly into Dementia, so we're hoping to treat her out for Mother's Day and a belated 86th birthday bash all in one. She doesn't have a clue yet, and I can't wait to see her face. So, May seems to be bringing lots of fun, great times for us! I can't wait to post pictures!