Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Contemplating a She Shed Studio >

Contemplating a She Shed Studio

Contemplating a She Shed Studio

Old 07-12-2020, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
An elevator! Now....that's an idea! LOL!

~ C
*giggles* ........ I bet the guys are super impressed with this!!!

Photo link ..... Fun and Funky .... yes!
After all, why would you want it to be ordinary, plain, conservative?
Great pic to let those ideas percolate!
Old 07-12-2020, 10:15 AM

Yeah...I think that they'd chase me off the property if I suggested an elevator. I'm happy with old windows and tin roofing.

(But I'm not completely giving up on the lap pool. )

~ C
Old 07-18-2020, 10:59 AM

My "she-shed" was labeled "the workroom". Same thing, We enclosed the double car garage and installed a wall unit A/C. Loved the space, but one downside was that it was detached from the house. I had to walk outside to get there, and it grew to be inconvenient! It didn't bother me at first, just when the "newness" wore off. My advice would be to attach your workroom to the house; it would also solve the isolation feeling.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:14 PM

My DIL is up her visiting from Berkeley and today, she casually said, "Ya know what you really need? A greenhouse, with maybe a little artist studio on the side." Yes, yes, yes...I know! She is going to start hunting the bay area, searching for old windows for the greenhouse part, where supplies like that abound. (She's really, really good at that.) She's also down for helping me build it and she has tools! Now...what someone says off the cuff and what someone actually does may be two, entirely different things, but right now, it's music to my ears! I may get that greenhouse she shed after all. finally, I have a partner in crime. I love my DIL. She's also talking about a pond/natural pool. That, I mist admit, is over her head...LOL. Go Girl Power!

~ C
Old 08-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Leah day and her dad built a “crafty cottage” on their property. I think she may have some YouTube videos on its planning and construction. When we moved 5 years ago I finally got my own sewing room. It is small but I love it. We also have a walk out basement where a former owner built some really nice shelves so a lot of my things are down there out of my way. So far no critters and no dampness. I don’t have a stash of fabric though.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
................I may get that greenhouse she shed after all. finally, I have a partner in crime. I love my DIL. She's also talking about a pond/natural pool. That, I mist admit, is over her head...LOL. Go Girl Power!~ C
Yeaaaaaaaaa for that DDIL!
Maybe that lap pool isn't such an impossibility .... get her thinking of that instead of the pond.
After all, it is all ........ Water!