Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Craft/Sewing Room Update # 9:  Getting Organized >

Craft/Sewing Room Update # 9: Getting Organized

Craft/Sewing Room Update # 9: Getting Organized

Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Default Craft/Sewing Room Update # 9: Getting Organized

Update # 9 in the saga of my sewing room. Posts 1-8 are linked below.
Update # 8: http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...s-t179398.html
Update # 7:
Craft/Sewing Room Update # 7: Trim
Update #6: Craft/Sewing Room - Update #6 - A Baby and Paint
Update # 5: Craft/Sewing Room Update #5: Drywall
Update # 4: Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light
Update #3: Craft/Sewing Room: Update # 3: Framing
Update # 2:
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 2
First Post: Craft/Sewing Room - The Before Pictures

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313616[/ATTACH]
Above are the cabinets, fully installed. I was able to start unpacking a few boxes this weekend and putting things away. The shelves are not yet installed in the closets so this is limiting how much unpacking I can do right now. He will get the shelves installed this coming week. I was able to get a set of pot drawers (left hand side) and a bank of standard drawers (right hand side). And they have the soft closing feature, meaning that if I give them a little push, they close all by themselves. How cool is that?! I don't even have that in my kitchen!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313617[/ATTACH]
Today I went to Home Depot and got hooks for the peg board so I could start hanging up stuff.
I still need to get a second thread holder as this one is not nearly large enough. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it a couple months ago; I should have just purchased the large one in the first place. As these are standard kitchen cabinets, a regular chair (like the one here, which goes with my dining room set) is not high enough to allow me to sit comfortably at the counter. But I knew that from the start. So I'm looking on Kijiji for a stool with a high back. I saw several on there when I looked today so I don't think it will be a problem getting one. I'll primarily be sitting when I'm doing scrapbooking; I can stand at the counter when I'm cutting fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313619[/ATTACH]
Above is a view of the left side of the cabinet wall and the closet. Remember I said that I would have open shelving on the upper side of the cabinets? My contractor did not think that he would be able to get a cabinet in under the bulkhead, but low and behold, it was an exact fit. Actually, in a way I kind of wish that I had the shelves, as I had some stuff I wanted to display there. But I could always take the door off the cabinet if I want. I think I'll leave it as is for now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313618[/ATTACH]
I set up one of my cutting/pinning tables under the window for the weekend. I have to take it down tonight as the contractor still has to attach the baseboard along this wall and I epxect that it would be in his way while he is still working here. I got two tables like this on sale at Canadian Tire last summer for $39.95 each and they are great as they fold in half and have a handle to carry them. I discovered yesteday that it doesn't make a great sewing tables as it has a little bounce when the machine starts up. I found a great quilting/sewing table with a lift for the machine on Kijiji for $350. The guy who is selling it lives about an hour from here and offered to deliver it for $50, which is fantastic as I don't have a truck, so I was more than agreeable. I had been planning on buying one that is very similar and I had already priced them and it was going to be about $1,400 new so this is a great deal. If I can strong-arm my son and a couple of his friends to carry it in, the guy selling it will deliver it next Saturday. (This is when a husband would be really handy!)

I brought my office chair down from my home office, which means that now I'm sitting on another dining room chair in my office. It's not really the right height for my desk so I've also been scoping out used desk chairs on Kijiji and there's tons, I just have to commit to one and go and get it. (There's a chair domino effect going on here...!)
Attached Thumbnails p2190001.jpg   p2190002_1.jpg   p2190003.jpg   p2190004.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM

Wow ... it has really come so far .. Will you ever come out of this fabulous space!?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:52 PM

Picture perfect. It is just wonderful! Only in my dreams, but I'm thrilled for you!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

It is a wonderful room!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Your room looks great! You'll probably never want to leave it.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Love your room. I have enjoyed watching your progress. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Wow it is sure looking pretty , you will be so happy there. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 PM

Wow! Lucky lucky you. I bet you can't wait to start sewing in there.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 AM

It is looking so good, I know you will have so much fun in there.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 AM

Wow! Looks like paradise!