Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doggie Quilt

Blog Entries
    Can I become your friend, too? I love the quilt, and I love dogs. We have a 9 yr old Sheltie.

Great job!!!! My daughters & granddaughters love their dogs, so you gave me a good idea for next year! I have to start collecting pictures of the dogs & puppys!!! thanks for the Idea!!!!
    marytp

Blog Entries
    She will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just passing through!

I'm sure she'll enjoy 'haveing her dog with her at her apartment'. Pets are such a part of our lives it's hard when we can't have them with us. This is so special what you have done for her

This is sooo cute! I was just trying to decide how to make one for a dear friend and this is exactly perfect.

What a great surprise is in store for this lucky lady! Absolutely wonderful of you to do this for her! I am sure it will always be one of her most cherished things.

What a great quilt. She is going to love it.

Quilting is my therapy

How cute, my daughter in law would love this as she has a great love of dogs and all animals.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I don't think you will need to wonder if she is gonna like it, I bet she LOVES it!!! It came out awesome......Great Job!!
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

This is so sweet of you to do this - she will absolutely love it!!!
    "May the works of my hands be pleasing in Your sight, O God."
    From 'A Quilter's Prayer' by Patricia Hauze

adorable !!!!!

Blog Entries
    O.M.G. She is gonna go nuts. She will cry for joy all day. How very thoughtful of you. That is the most beautiful gesture I have ever seen. Bless you. Not having her best friend there with her is so heart breaking, and now you've made it almost possible with this quilt. You are truely a GREAT friend and doggy lover.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftychick View Post
    i made this quilt for a co-worker i never met. We work from home, her in new york and me in delaware. We email each other a lot and share a love of dogs. This is her dog, simon. He is approx. 16 years old and is blind. She can't have dogs in her apartment so simon lives with her mother in north jersey. I'm just mailing the quilt out tomorrow so i don't know if she likes it yet but i do know that she will be surprised. She only knows that i made her something but doesn't know what. This was my first time using eq printables for the pictures and it was sooooo easy. I put an extra piece of felt behind each picture and stitched in the ditch around it to make it 3d. It's hard to see from the photo. I forgot to take a picture of the back. I used the "i love my dog" fabric. I can't wait to see what she thinks. I hope you like it.
    you sure did a good deed and job i make our little shih tzu's coats,beds,covers even.i really enjoy it and i know the dogs do to.i crochet them sweaters also.

Thanks for your nice comments. I bought the fabric at www.jandofabrics.com. They're in New Jersey and delivery was fast, thank heavens, because I ran out and had to order more.

Susan

I never heard of Printed Treasures till now. I looked at it online and they seem to be the same as EQ Printables. I found out about EQ on the Quilting Board. So easy to use. At Soft Expressions 6 sheets of EQ is $17.96 and 5 sheets of Treasures is $16.19. So, I would say the price is about the same.

Thanks,

Susan

EQ Printables is an 8 1/2x11 sheet that is cotton on one side and plastic sheeting on the other. You put it in your inkjet printer and print your picture, wait for it to dry (about 15 minutes), then peel off the back. At that point, you can wash it, iron it, cut it to size, sew it, etc. Very easy to work with. Just like any other cotton fabric. Another member asked if EQ was the same as Printed Treasures. I had never heard of that, but after reading about it, they are the same and about the same price.

Thanks,

Susan

This is the response from my friend when she received the quilt. :-)

Oh my gosh, Susan, I just got your package!!!

I don't even know where to begin!! Words can honestly not express how thankful I am to you for such a beautiful, amazing gift! I love it SOOO much!!! I was completely stunned and I immediately burst into tears (happy tears, of course!!) when I opened it. I am just blown away. It's so, so lovely! I truly cannot thank you enough!!!

It's the nicest, most thoughtful thing anyone has made for me in my life. I am going to see my mom this weekend and I CANNOT wait to show it to her! She's not going to believe it and how lovely it is! And such good quality! You are a very talented woman!!

Best of all, long after my little guy is gone, I will treasure it so much, and you understand that, so that makes it even more special. There is probably nothing I could ever do to repay you for your kindness, but please don't hesitate to ask me EVER for ANYTHING.

You are such a wonderful, kind person, and I am honored to work with you and to know you. I look forward to meeting you in person so much, and I do hope it's sooner rather than later.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Love Marnie xx

Quote Originally Posted by craftychick View Post
    This is the response from my friend when she received the quilt. :-)

Oh my gosh, Susan, I just got your package!!!

I don't even know where to begin!! Words can honestly not express how thankful I am to you for such a beautiful, amazing gift! I love it SOOO much!!! I was completely stunned and I immediately burst into tears (happy tears, of course!!) when I opened it. I am just blown away. It's so, so lovely! I truly cannot thank you enough!!!

It's the nicest, most thoughtful thing anyone has made for me in my life. I am going to see my mom this weekend and I CANNOT wait to show it to her! She's not going to believe it and how lovely it is! And such good quality! You are a very talented woman!!

Best of all, long after my little guy is gone, I will treasure it so much, and you understand that, so that makes it even more special. There is probably nothing I could ever do to repay you for your kindness, but please don't hesitate to ask me EVER for ANYTHING.

You are such a wonderful, kind person, and I am honored to work with you and to know you. I look forward to meeting you in person so much, and I do hope it's sooner rather than later.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Love Marnie xx

How awesome!

Super cute - great idea. Awesome thank you she wrote! I could feel her love for you and her new quilt. Congratulations!
    Last edited by butterflies5518; 12-07-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added more thoughts
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I am quite sure she will be thrilled at your generosity. What a wonderful gift!
    Fat Quarters have fewer calories than a Hot Fudge Sundae!
    http://debsquiltsandthings.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    That is so nice of you. We love our furbabies too and can't imagine being without either of them.

What a bond your quilt and talent created. Fabulous job!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    What a thoughtful, beautiful gift of the heart this quilt is! Love it!
    Helen T.

I love it

Junior Member QuiltedCritterLady's Avatar
    What a thoughtful gift! It turned out beautifully and I am sure your friend will treasure it.
    Never underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast