Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Going to paint my studio >

Going to paint my studio

Going to paint my studio

Old 02-13-2020, 11:25 AM
lue

Default Going to paint my studio

I need to paint my studio. It's got 2 walls of windows and a skylight. One wall that holds my design wall, an iron sculpture of the Seattle skyline and a bookshelf with my art books. I want something bright but I'm not sure what colors work in artistic spaces. Ideas?
Old 02-13-2020, 12:04 PM

Smile studio colors

2 windows??!! Lucky you, there should be plenty of light.
I think I would go with a very pale green... my sister says a "whisper of green".
It's a relaxing color and won't get in the way of your fabric colors.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:27 PM

I'm following this. I am currently (today) putting White Dove (neutral white) on the Bright Turquoise walls. Taking over bedroom that was last painted when daughter was 12. I go back and forth regarding color. I know I want light and bright, but I am afraid of painting walls a color that will compete with fabric. I know I'll need to put on at least two coats, so I can change to a different white if necessary. Any comments welcome.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:16 PM

Default Color on walls

I had bright white metal put on my walls n ceiling of the garage that was attached to this old house. I turned it into my sewing studio and just love how bright it is. I have a door with small window on the east side way in back n put two windows n a door where the garage door was. In time I plan to put a wood floor in bc the concrete is way too cold on these 70 year feet. I was assured they could do in 8 ft wide sections n put laminate or wood flooring on as they worked their way to the wall n just moved my sewing stuff.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
In time I plan to put a wood floor in bc the concrete is way too cold on these 70 year feet. I was assured they could do in 8 ft wide sections n put laminate or wood flooring on as they worked their way to the wall n just moved my sewing stuff.
Until you get your wooden flooring get some mats made for standing at a sink or whatever. Under my longarm I have foam pads that fit together like puzzle pieces. Really easy on the legs. You really need them at your cutting table and/or ironing board.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:38 PM

I have two pads cut into 3 ft sections like they use for horses to stand on in trailers unfortunately they got left in my skid shack n not brought into studio just need it to warm up b4 getting them.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:05 PM

Sounds like a lovely space lue! I agree, a pale shade of whatever color you find soothing might be nice! Right now (where we rent) the walls in my sewing space are bright aqua. Bit unsettling with the bright light (that my eyes need!) on...
Old 02-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

How about a very light "leafy" green? (since it's nature's neutral) Or a pale sky blue?
My room has two walls done in a very light cool-toned pink. I've got lots of windows and sunshine too~
Old 02-16-2020, 10:15 AM

Amyjo, have you considered putting heating between the concrete and the wood? I know they do it in bathrooms.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:45 PM

I think of your space and then think of mine which has to windows floor to ceiling on two walls and 2 skylights one wall is all built in cabinets that hold my fabrics and supplies the other one my freezer, book cases and family photos. No place for a design wall. I am trying to think something through for a design wall though.
Now back to color. I am fond of green when there is good lighting. There are many shades of semi gloss paints that can make the most of your lighting and no alter any project you might be working on. I would try and stay as close to or lighter than a bluegrass coloring. Light greens are nice too.