Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
I went on vacation... >

I went on vacation...

I went on vacation...

Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM

Sounds like the perfect vacation to me!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by deanneellen View Post
What a great idea to go on vacation in your sewing room! Lots of great memories while you were getting things organized.
Last night I found a small bag with fabric from grandma. She passed in 1966! It is so dear to me to find this and why did I not remember I had it? I also have 12 quilt squares she made...paper pieced, with the paper still attached. The dates are from the early 60's. I also found an original fiesta ware teapot, bright green. The lid is cracked, but it looks very pretty. I am going to put it in my sewing room. I remember her making tea and taking it to the porch while she hand pieced her blocks. Maybe she will look over me while I sew.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 AM

Bneighbor this brings up such good memories for me. We also drag raced for years, traveling lots of miles. Loved every minute of it. I'll bet your memory quilt will be outstanding.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like you had a bunch of fun, and have some ideas for some neat projects!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
we are drag racers, so I get to sew between rounds and when we get the occasional rain days. Have not been to Michigan NASCAR, only Daytona. We have tickets to the Bristol race, but our motor home is still in storage and we cannot get it out until a week AFTER the race. Oh darn! I enjoy both typs of racing, I am closer to drag racing since I do tires, parachute, and starting line for 2 cars and will stand in for other cars if a crew member is not there or the driver needs help.
Last year I only pieced 4 lap quilts, 2 baby quilts. In past years I almost doubled that. Last year was tough, we were defending champion and had to work extra to keep that standing...we ended the year in secon place. Not bad, we are happy for the new champ...the bullseye is on his back this year!
I think I will have more time to sew at the track this year.
do you come to NJ? in my town there is a drag raceway...believe it or not, i've never been <g>.