Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just getting started

Get you DH to hang a 4 foot shop light over head. Mine did for me then fixed the cord down the wall to the plug in. I now have so much light it is wonderfull. No more working around the lamps.

Blog Entries
    Nice find. J J

new desk

I have a similar desk - size and weight and arrangement - except that mine are 2 separate pieces. I absolutely love it. I bought it in the last hours of an office supply store closing. The larger desk is 60w x 30deep and the smaller one actually slides completely under it but is 52x24. I've got a tight space so I use every inch of it. My embroidery machine and serger share the higher desk and my regular sewing machine is on the smaller, lower table. I shuffle the machines to create more "free" space around my current project.
    I found a desk organizer with shelves that I put along the wall and use for my machine parts - extra feet, tools, etc - as well as for marking pens and notions. My flatware came in a divided wooden tray and it works beautifully for sorting and fits the organizer as a drawer.

Great find!

I like your free desk!!!!and I like the kitty on it too!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I got the chance to clean it off today and here's how it looks!

I got contact paper on the top and that's the only money that've put into it (around $6). I didn't find what I wanted, and I got a "dark wood" look. It matches the table almost perfectly! It really looks so much better and will be so much easier to clean.

I have everything hooked up to the surge protector so I just have to switch it on for the lights and plug in the sewing machine or iron to use. I also drug the purple beast in so I have 3 sewing machines in the little 5x6 area! My mom has my serger, or it'd be there too!!

I put my big cutting mat behind the desk, because it doesn't have a hole to hang it by, but everything that I could hang is on the wall.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2