Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loving tables and cabinets my husband made!

Loving tables and cabinets my husband made!

I have a designated room for sewing, but it is a converted porch, so there is only one wall to hang stuff. The other three walls are sliding glass doors. I have found this to be a challenge. But I love being in this room as it is right off the living room, so my husband can be watching tv or reading right next to me and I feel like we are not isolated from each other. He has been awesome... building more cabinets and tables, so I can efficiently use my space. I have attached some pictures of my room. The only real wall I have is taken up with the thread stand he built. I have a retractable screen that comes down over the thread stand that I use for my quilt designs. Moving left around the room, next is the large cabinet with drawers for storage. My embroidery machine sits there on the counter. The next wall to the left is my sewing machine. He recently built me a large table and my machine sits flush with the table top. To the left of my sewing table is the cutting table. It has a built in drawer that is accessible while I am sitting at the sewing machine or standing to cut. I can stand on three sides of the table to cut or iron. But the best part is the retractable shelf, that I can pull out as needed while I am sewing. He made a large pressing board that you can just barely see behind the blinds. When I need it, I pull it out and it sits on top of the cutting table. For small pressing, I use the small portable board in the corner...it is on wheels so I can just push it around where I want it. He finished my sewing table this weekend, and I really can't think of anything else I need or want!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have a great space and a very clever and talented hubby. I love seeing such efficiently designed work spaces. Thanks for the pictures.
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Lucky you...this looks so neat and organized.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Excellent storage and work set-up. All the natural light!

Wow! What great cabinets! Talented hubby!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Oooh. Lucky you. Look at all that light to work by. Such gorgeous cabinets. What a talented husband.

You are one lucky woman! It looks so organized and neat.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    wow, terrific work. lucky you
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Awesome space! Love your set up!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I was thinking the same thing - talented hubby and LOVE your work area. Nothing that great for me.

What a great room! Would you mind if I borrowed your husband for a couple weeks to help me with mine?

DJ
    You have really made the most of that space! I would love to have all that natural lighting in my studio. I would also love to have it as neat and tidy as yours ... working on that !

Wonderful room and very talented husband, as the others have said. Have fun!!!

wow....wow.....wow!!! He really does nice work!! luv your playroom!!!

You are very blessed with such a talented husband. Did he use his own plans? Also interested in your white retractable screen; did your husband purchase? If so, may I ask where? Happy sewing!!
    Dianne

What a wonderful sewing room! I too like being near the activity hub while I sew. It's the best of both worlds! :-) I'd say your DH is a keeper!

Very nice space and I like that you are close enough to communicate with your husband. Mine wants to stay upstairs while my sewing room is in the basement.

Nice work area and what a great hubby!

What a talented husband you have. His cabinetry is beautiful and so useful and convenient. You have a wonderful room to work in so enjoy.

Power Poster
    ​Great space and cabinets!

Hi Dianne,
    He is real creative and comes up with the designs himself, after i talk to him and tell him what I want or need. The vanishing design wall was purchased from the internet. My husband actually thought the idea up, and tried to make one using an old screen he had. It was a flop, but then we figured we couldn't be the only ones who wanted or needed one, so we googled it and found the professionally manufactured product. I really think the firm was called Vanishing Design Wall, but I cant find them now. But there appears to be a couple other vendors out there that now sell them. Google "retractable quilt design wall" and you will see some.

Thanks for your kind comments!

Hi Dianne,
    He is real creative and comes up with the designs himself, after i talk to him and tell him what I want or need. The vanishing design wall was purchased from the internet. My husband actually thought the idea up, and tried to make one using an old screen he had. It was a flop, but then we figured we couldn't be the only ones who wanted or needed one, so we googled it and found the professionally manufactured product. I really think the firm was called Vanishing Design Wall, but I cant find them now. But there appears to be a couple other vendors out there that now sell them. Google "retractable quilt design wall" and you will see some.

Thanks for your kind comments!

Quote Originally Posted by mlt150 View Post
    You are very blessed with such a talented husband. Did he use his own plans? Also interested in your white retractable screen; did your husband purchase? If so, may I ask where? Happy sewing!!

Your room is fantastic. I have a helpful DH too. I particularly like the shelf to the left of your sewing machine. I didn't think of anything like that when my DH built my furniture.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

Great tables and cabinets! You are one lucky lady!

That's a great room. Love all the windows and your husband did a great job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast