Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My sewing room - Before

Blog Entries

My sewing room - Before

I'm going to try and post my before and after pictures of my sewing room.

On the before ones, I did manage to get three quilts made with the mess it was in.

Blog Entries

Sewing room - Before

As bad as it looks, I still managed to get three quilts made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

My sewing room - After

It took me almost two months to get it finished, but it's done now. I have all my fabric measured, folded and organized. It's a wonderful feeling, believe me. My sewing buddy is happy the mess is gone, too. As you can see, I have lots of memory items in my room besides sewing.

Blog Entries
    Well..I see you can work with it like it is..if you made 3 quilts...I have the same machine lamp...also a churn (not in my sewing room) and I love your rabbit...I know when you get it all organized it will be wonderful...Hop to it...it will soon be Easter...Wish I could come help...I love to organize...

You have some really neat stuff in your room. I like the churn in the last picture.

Blog Entries

Rest of the pictures

Here are the rest of my pictures of my wonderful sewing room.

Oh my goodness, would I love to dive in there and root around. I wouldn't know where to focus first, but you can bet I'd have a field day!

I think you may have the same vintage Kenmore I sew on -- mine is a 158.1774. I absolutely love mine.

Your "after" room is very nice! Lots of work to get it that way!

Blog Entries
    Wow..what did I tell you...it looks so homey and wonderful...you like things that I like too...I have the machine hanging on the wall with the hooks under it..but I took my hooks off...you have some really neat things...you should be proud...you did an awesome job...now you can really turn out the quilts...Happy Quilting... You must have got some things from Collectionsetc...that's where I got all mine...they don't have many sewing things like they use to...love the row of ladies with the hats..where did you get those..
    Last edited by sak658; 04-05-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Nice work, I have other momentos in my room too they make me happy. Your sewing buddy looks like one of mine her name s Emma and she is a bit of a chubby-lumpkins, but she is sweet.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

You did a great job. Now that you don't have anything to do maybe you could come and organize my room.
    Your "new" room looks great, and it does appear that your best friend is liking it, too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    Nice work, I have other momentos in my room too they make me happy. Your sewing buddy looks like one of mine her name s Emma and she is a bit of a chubby-lumpkins, but she is sweet.
    My sewing buddy's name is Penny and she loves to "help" me sew. Also she enjoys looking out the window at the birds and squirrels.

So glad your four-legged baby did not lose his throne! Want to do mine next? LOL!! I need it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
    Wow..what did I tell you...it looks so homey and wonderful...you like things that I like too...I have the machine hanging on the wall with the hooks under it..but I took my hooks off...you have some really neat things...you should be proud...you did an awesome job...now you can really turn out the quilts...Happy Quilting... You must have got some things from Collectionsetc...that's where I got all mine...they don't have many sewing things like they use to...love the row of ladies with the hats..where did you get those..
    Most of the memory items in my room were given to me by family and friends through the years. Some things in there are 30-40 years old and I can tell you who gave me what on 99% of the things. That's what makes them so special to me.

What a neat collection of memory items! My mom made a match-stick cross just like the one you have on your wall, back in the 70's maybe? How nice to surround yourself with warm memories as you create.
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

You did an amazing job cleaning up your sewing room. I need to organize my fabrics again. I have been sewing up a storm and have used up a bunch and have bunches left.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

very nice as soon as I saw the shelf over the windows I turned around and looked at my windows and yes I can do that thanks for the inspiration my Kenmore looks just like yours and I have the same sewing bench like the one under your Kenmore must be close to forty years I have mine your sewing buddy looks very content

Looks great, wonder how many quilts you can get done in your new organized sewing room : ) ?
    Amythyst

Thanks for the tour around your sewing room...grat before and after. I love the tree on your wall. Did you have to get rid of a lot or was it mostly just reorganizing?

Good job! I used sell Avon in the early 80's and I had the Lady Thimble collection too, I gave it to my youngest daughter with all my other Avon collectables, including my Mrs. Alby's. You have lots of treasures!

Good job girl ! Want to come to my house and spend a month ????You were brave to take all the before photos but they show off the organized room much better. Can you keep it that way ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tour!! I bet it gets lots of people motivated! I have my "things". In my sewing room also! Cards and letters tacked on my cork boards along with my sewing stuff. Reminds me of the people I love!

Your room is lovely. Having special items along with your sewing things= great combination!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
    Thanks for the tour around your sewing room...grat before and after. I love the tree on your wall. Did you have to get rid of a lot or was it mostly just reorganizing?
    I did get rid of three 10-ream size boxes, but they were full of craft items that I don't do anymore. I donated them to the Church's daycare. The rest was just folding organizing and putting in boxes.

The tree was painted my my DDIL and my DH found and added the birdhouses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
    Wow..what did I tell you...it looks so homey and wonderful...you like things that I like too...I have the machine hanging on the wall with the hooks under it..but I took my hooks off...you have some really neat things...you should be proud...you did an awesome job...now you can really turn out the quilts...Happy Quilting... You must have got some things from Collections etc...that's where I got all mine...they don't have many sewing things like they use to...love the row of ladies with the hats..where did you get those..
    The ladies with hats are actually thimbles. They were made by AVON in the 80's. Most of the items in my room are gifts from friends and family over the course of the past 30-40 years and they mean so much to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast