Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Need help with space. Desperate! >

Need help with space. Desperate!

Need help with space. Desperate!

Old 09-29-2021, 07:53 AM

I tend to work with what I have rather than buy new expensive storage. It can be very overwhelming. My best idea is to allot an hour to work on it. I often set a timer. I have to go in and do one thing for an hour. I doesn't matter if it's refolding fabric and placing with like colors, taking patterns and putting them in a box on a shelf (even if it doesn't end up being their permanent home). I just have to start getting things together. You don't have to do it all in one day. Just an hour here and there. You'll be surprised how much you can get done that way.

I"ve also found that sometimes when I do a bit here and there, I end up getting enthused and working past the hour.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:20 AM

I have decided to get rid of some of my fabric because i have to much with all the precuts from Missouri star quilts.
I’m donating to a sewing guild. There are a group of ladys who quilt at local church who make cancer quilts.They could use fabric.
you could get rid of older fabric. Check around your area for people who make quilts for good cause. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:29 AM

Please dont give fabric to goodwill. They will throw out a lot of it. Seen it in dumpsters. Give to local quilting chapters in area.Churches that do quilting on side. It used to be that employees get first pick on donated stuff. Don’t know if that changed.
my father-in-law worked and retired from Goodwill. You should have seen his garage. Needed a dumpster to clean it out.
i have the same problem,need a local high school girl to come help me. In return ill teach her to quilt and share my extras.