Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
New house getting organzed >

New house getting organzed

New house getting organzed

Old 04-21-2017, 04:25 AM

sounds heavenly.......where did you move from?
Old 04-22-2017, 06:15 AM

Oh wow you are in an area that there are lots of wonderful quilt shops....in the Lancaster area- and you are not too far from there. Enjoy exploring your new area.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:39 AM

Sounds like a lovely place and may you have many happy times in your new home.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Suz

Funny story about 'pickeled eggs". We had moved to Charlottesville, VA from PA where my husband attended UVA. I packed picked eggs in the children's lunches and the other (VA native) children had not seen them before. Owing to the Southern drawl, the others were calling them 'pink eggs' while my three heard 'pig eggs". To this date, we call them pig eggs and remember the good times.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:29 AM

Jane, we sold our home on Long Island. I was a New Yorker my whole life but PA has so many things to offer!!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Easy process. I use 3 cans of pickled beets per dozen eggs. Boil the eggs then peel. Put aside. Drain the juice of the canned pickled beets into a sauce pan. I also use plain canned beets to which I add equal parts sugar and apple cider vinegar to the juice of the beets. Bring the beet juice to a boil then add the vinegar and sugar (it mixes and dissolves easier. You can heat the beets in your microwave. After heating the beets put a layer of beets in a large bowl (with a cover). Put your peeled eggs on top then cover with the remaining beets. Pour your hot juice on top of the beets and eggs. Let sit in fridge for at least 24 hours if you can wait that long. If you use a large glass container temper the glass by running hot water along the outside of the glass. I use to use a large "sun tea" jar. now I Use a large Tupper/Rubbermaid bowl. I don't add any water to the liquid mixture. You'd be surprised how much juice is in mix. You can also add sugar or vinegar to taste, depending on the sweetness or savoryness of flavor you want Some call them "sweet and sour" beet eggs.

Thank you for the recipe!! The pickled eggs were a welcome gift from a neighbor. With your recipe, I hope to return the favor to her.
I have been to the car shows here before, the fair ground is only four miles down the road from here. As for quilt shops, I'm in 'hog heaven'!! I can't wait to start exploring.
Thank you, everyone for all your good wishes. I'm presently relaxed outside under the front portico, it's 7 a.m. and I'm listening to distant turkeys, roosters and enjoying the quiet country I now find myself enveloped by. As I said, a slice of Heaven.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your new home! Glad you are settling into the area, and meeting new friends.