New (to me) Cubes

Old 06-19-2020, 06:25 AM

Smile New (to me) Cubes

I found a scrapbooker on FB selling her Michaels' cubes and got such a deal, I had to say yes...but found hardly any of them fit in my car because they were already assembled. Her husband built her custom storage in their new house because she didn't want to move from Florida to Indiana...lol which we totally bonded over because we're planning to go to Florida as soon as possible.

Anyway, I called up a friend and she was gracious enough to make the trek all the way back out there with me.

I had 2 of the rolling storage units from a while ago and DH put them together for me and helped stack the good as new cubes, too. I've been having fun filling them up with new fabric purchases to be sure that I make time to sew and quilt again. Then he surprised me with a new ironing board, new iron, and some nice extension strip plugs...it's the little things in life, right?

I couldn't get the photos to upload but maybe they're too big, IDK.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02 View Post
...I couldn't get the photos to upload but maybe they're too big, IDK.
That could be. They have changed to way to post photos, this year.

In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on your new to you cubes!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:30 AM

Congratulations!! It is great to have such organizational tools! My studio is in desperate need right now. It will be nice when you are able to figure out the pictures, I would love to see what you have done.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:54 PM

Smile Cube photos attempt 2

Wooo Hooo! They were under the max size...I had to put them on the desktop and name them then they came up. Maybe the automatic numbered version of images looks sketchy and I get that. In any case...
The tall sets of cubes were from the scrapbooker. Two rows sit on top of the rolling Michael's cabinets I mentioned in the original post. Cube 2 is a close up of the top second row cube with the door open. Cube 3 is actually a shoe rack I've had for years. I organized all the loose 30s fat quarters in it. The mask caddy is helping me keep my mask making supplies (for family only) separate from the quilting supplies.

I'm in a laundry room, so not all of it is super cute but it's nice to have a space that is mine for the first time in a very long time. Thanks everyone for your kind comments and help, I really appreciate it.
Heather
Attached Thumbnails cubes.jpg   cube2.jpg   cube3.jpg   mask-caddy.jpg  
Old 06-19-2020, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Looking awesome!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:33 AM

Your organization project looks so nice! It's a perfect happy place.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:38 AM

that looks great! I bet you will have a lot of fun creating in your new space.

Rob
Old 06-20-2020, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

, now you have lots of storage. Very pretty selection of fabrics. Good for you to find them.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-21-2020 at 04:55 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-21-2020, 01:28 PM

Wow! Look at all of those pretty fabrics. I bet you're really motivated now. Can I ask where you got the metal pieces for your masks? I'm guessing they are for the nose parts. Thanks