Organizing UFOs?

Old 02-20-2017, 11:48 PM

Sometimes I use the jumbo ziplock bags (2 1/2 gal), sometimes I use the zippered project bags from the Container Store, sometimes I use the plastic (almost clear) storage containers from JAF and sometimes I like to keep things in baskets.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
My UFO's are stored in plastic boxes with all the fabric need to finish it, front and back If it takes a special thread that goes in the box too with the pattern. If I am collecting fabric for a future planned project I keep it in my fabric cabinet stacked together with pattern and tied with Christmas ribbon, If I run out of room for my project boxes, I know I have got to finish something! LOL Each of my grand's have there own project box in there
This is how I do it. I also put the pattern and any notes I've made while working on it so that I don't have to go back and refigure things.

I use the plastic that sheets and curtains come in to store fabric collections. I put a piece of paper in the front saying what they are if needed. I have now that says "Kaffe Fassett Stripes" with the leftovers from a jacket I made.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:09 AM

I use these free clear zippered shut bags too and they are stored on visible shelving. I have a paper grocery bag of empty blanket bags for future UFOs I hope I never need!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:18 AM

While rearranging my sewing room, I made room on my DVD shelves (top 2 shelves) for all my future projects. This allowed me to make piles for each project, the pattern/book, and any fabrics I might use for that project. I put all the bolts to one end with a tag on them to which project they go to. This way I wouldn't use the fabric on another project I might decide to work on right now. When I find a fabric I think I might want to use for one of those future projects, I add it to the pile for that particular project. Right now I have 14 major projects waiting to be started. Just finished a bunch of smaller projects as I knew I was getting ready to change out my fabric shelves, etc.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:22 AM

Also when I do start a project I keep that particular fabric to the side until the project is completely done in case I didn't cut enough of it at the beginning. If I'm cutting all the parts for a project, I'll put them into a smaller tote to keep them together. I have a kitty that likes to jump onto my cutting table and swish all the pieces all over the place. She taught me not to trust her to behave herself so went to the small totes. Had just arranged in piles Bonnie Hunter's Allietaire, left them on the cutting table for the night and in the morning they were all over the floor. All that time wasted thanks to kitty. I now keep a spray bottle of water whenever she even thinks of jumping on my cutting table or quilt frame. She's learning and so am I.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:41 AM

I use acid free project boxes - everything for a particular quilt goes in the box - including special tools, and a copy of the pattern. Works for me.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:39 PM

I have my projects each with the backing n thread in a super satchel from joanns. Plus a binder with the pattern in it