Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   been away for so long new room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/been-away-so-long-new-room-t210109.html)

miss_ticky2 01-06-2013 04:00 PM

Good to hear from you again but so sorry to hear that you are still having negatives after your fire. Just hang in there and things will improve. At least you do still have somewhere to sew and hopefully you can get your a/c fixed quickly and get back to 'your space'. Hoping 2013 is a much better year for you :)

litacats 01-07-2013 02:37 AM

thanks everyone, at last I had some spare time to make use of my new room today and one of my friends came along she only read some quilting mags but she found a cushion called flannel flower windows but I can't make head or tail of the instructions GRRRR

Country1 01-07-2013 04:54 AM

Sorry to hear about the fire. I am sure you lost alot a things that were very important to you and your family. BUT most importantly you all are okay!...
I like your space. I hope you get your air fixed so you can have your own our special place again.
Your skirt is adorable! Prayers are being sent your way!
Blessings to you,
Penny

litacats 01-07-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by psailer (Post 5764396)
count your blessings not your sorrows... they just make us stronger... God will never give us more than we can handle and he is always right there with us... so happy both you and your husband are okay... we had a house fire in 1989 lost everything but the family and guess what we all recovered and are stronger for it...
hope your back gets well too will add you to my prayer list...

we were overwelmed by the generousity of our brothers and sisters in our congregation and the kindeness of perfect strangers. the whole experience has helped to make our faith stronger, even with all the negatives, we prayed for help to forgive those who hurt us some we thought were goodfriends, we are still coping with the problems they caused us, but most of the trouble makers are being found to have lied about us and have lost all credibility, even the shire ranger was found to have lied and is now no longer a ranger we didn't have to do a thing the truth will out eventually

francie yuhas 01-07-2013 07:36 AM

DH and I have been married long enough,that when he makes such a discussion,I smile, say " yes dear" and just go ahead and do what I want to anyway. His latest: photograph and file pictures of everything in my stash! Little does he know,,," yes Dear".

mjhaess 01-07-2013 12:07 PM

Nice sewing area...Tell your husband it is what it is and get over it....I would stay there it looks nice....

kathmass 01-07-2013 04:54 PM

So sorry to hear about your house fire. I too had a house fire many years ago. Worst thing that ever happened, but everyone survived including the dog who had smoke inhalation. Definitely not the way to redecorate!

litacats 01-11-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 5763143)
Isn't it your house too? Why should you have to be out of the house with your work unless you wanted to shut yourself off out there. Peanuts on him!!!!!!!

he has his shed and I have mine. it is big enough for my longbed and all my machines all six of them plus my cutting table and fabric shelves, it is fully lined and insulated and a nice place to be, it has a door at each end for the breeze and 2 windows what more could I want, A WORKING AIRCONDITIONER, LOL