Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Blah!!! lol! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/blah-lol-t228121.html)

stablemom 08-16-2013 08:45 PM

Blah!!! lol!

So I have been looking thru this forum for days, wistfully looking at everyone`s sewing rooms. I am losing my sewing room. It is time for my grandson to have his own room. Right now he sleeps in the dining room at night, as he keeps waking my daughter or she keeps waking him up ,and then I am up!
I am claiming a portion of a wall in my rec room slash husband`s art studio. I am trying to clear out some stuff but it`s hard. I am not complaining, just a bit sad.... but that`s okay, I can still quilt and that`s the most important thing!

Tartan 08-16-2013 08:53 PM

​Any little spot you can sew is good. I have a sewing nook rather than a sewing room myself.

stablemom 08-16-2013 08:58 PM

I agree !!

zazulka 08-16-2013 09:00 PM

You are correct in your thought process. Where ever you can sew/quilt is GREAT. Family is important, and that comes first, then the rest of everything. I'm sure the 2 of you can share space.!!!!!!

MaryMo 08-16-2013 09:02 PM

It won't be forever will it? Maybe one of these days your daughter and grandson will move into their own home and the room will be yours again. It will be difficult to consolidate but maybe you can claim some storage rights someplace. Hope things look better tomorrow.

Nammie to 7 08-16-2013 09:21 PM

I have found that when I have to move (or rearrange) my room I find things I forgot I had. It will be nice for him to have his own room - all of you will rest better. Your new sewing area will work fine. Te move may even inspire you do work on new projects or finish old ones.

Julie in NM 08-17-2013 03:23 AM

Similiar situation in my house. Gained and lost sewing room several times. All my fab is in stackable totes. I had them stacked against a wall in our bedroom. DH understood why I had to do this. Sewing machine in a corner of the dining room. I wouild cheerfully say I don't have a sewing room...more like a sewing HOUSE! I sewed like this for over 10 years. It was frustrating at first digging for fab but eventualy I got everything organized. The important thing is to be able to sew when you want to...right?

bearisgray 08-17-2013 03:48 AM

I think many of us had hopes for our children to be independent - and to be able to provide fpr their own needs for themselves and the children they brought into this world.

Some of us looked forward to having empty nests! and were less than thrilled to have them filled again.

Sounds like you are 'making do' as well as you can.

I salute all those grandparents that have had to contribute to or take over the raising of their grandchildren.

lockesnest 08-17-2013 03:57 AM

My first sewing room was a coat closet under the stairs! I still made clothes, decorations, and gifts. It isn't the size of the room that counts. It is the size of the of the need to create!

lovelyl 08-17-2013 04:12 AM

I am also losing my sewing room. We just need to remember a separate room is not a necessity. But it sure was a luxury while it lasted... Keep your chin up !