Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Craigslist Customized sewing table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/craigslist-customized-sewing-table-t228492.html)

Mariposa 08-22-2013 10:11 AM

Terrific table! Neat that your hubby is handy at this kind of thing~

Stitch124 08-22-2013 10:27 AM

6 Attachment(s)
@SusanSusan33 -- Here's more pics of my sewing room. Some are fuzzy but you can still figure out I just took a pic and turned, took an pic and turned. Sort of a 360 degree pic without the movie. I need to straighten my stash! I have material for valances for the window. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Originally Posted by SusanSusan33 (Post 6248739)
What a great table!! I would love to see all the pictures of your newly done room!! I also suffer from being height challenged and I found a kids desk works best for me, but I don't have a dedicated space.

I'm green with envy!! For the beautiful table and the handy hubby!!

wolph33 08-22-2013 11:58 AM

great idea,have fun sewing now

peaceandjoy 08-22-2013 02:54 PM

Great job! Also like your cupboard/cutting table very much.

KwiltyKahy 08-22-2013 05:20 PM

Lovely sewing space. Do you loan out your husband? LOL

GKSM 08-22-2013 05:23 PM

Nice area and I love the wall hangings.

owlvamp 08-22-2013 05:24 PM

Beautiful! Looks like an awesome idea .

jhoward 08-22-2013 05:50 PM

Have the same problem with tables too tall. Nice room and set up.

Weenween 08-23-2013 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6248605)
Thanks to my DH for following several sets of instructions printed out for him to make this sewing table for my sewing room. I have three machines that I use. A Brother SQ 9050, Singer Featherweight, and a Singer 301A. All three fit in the table with height adjustments so each machine table top fits flush with the table itself. What a guy! I found the table and brought it home. Showed him where I wanted the machines to sit on the table and left him alone. (He works much better alone!) He also had to adjust the height of the table by cutting off 1.5" from each leg. (I'm very short!)

Just brought the table into the room at 11pm so haven't had a chance to start sewing on it but will do so tomorrow when I start quilting my Table Runner Swap partner's table runner.

I've also attached a pic of the way my sewing machine was originally set up. The plastic portable tables are adjustable but height settings were either too tall or too short. I had to scrunch my shoulders up and down when I quilted. By the time I finished quilting a t-shirt quilt, my back hurt so bad I couldn't sew for two days.

I think this new table will be perfect.

I love the whole set up especially the cutting area, I use a self healing mat of course and our kitchen table it is really to low I am 5.5 tall and it kill my back to cut fabric I see you have a bottom cabinet and counter that sure is better than my kitchen table.My table is large but sure is a back breaker.

Kris P 08-23-2013 04:25 AM

Awesome table. Your DH is a keeper!