Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Do you organize just to buy more? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/do-you-organize-just-buy-more-t283943.html)

redstilettos 11-22-2016 05:44 AM

Do you organize just to buy more?

Now that I have a few things organized (far from done)....I am feeling urges to buy more stuff. Which only lends itself to needing to organize more.....you know. The gerbil wheel effect.

I am trying to resist the urge, but.....the lights.....the colors.....the fabric!!
LOL

Do you organize to "justify" going out and buying more?

sherian 11-22-2016 05:51 AM

No I always plan for having more order , but then I do add to my stash somehow, like the JoAnn sales paper that just came.

Terry in the ADK 11-22-2016 08:44 AM

Not that there is anything wrong with that!
BH mystery quilt begins Friday so have to clear my cutting table and take out my fabrics..,.need another plastic container for them!

Tartan 11-22-2016 09:08 AM

I clear my work table but I really don't organize my sewing area or I lose stuff. I do need to a really good house clean before Christmas. I like to save my shoulders for sewing but my kitchen cupboards and floors need a good scrub.

quilterpurpledog 11-22-2016 09:46 AM

I like to put everything from one project away before I start another one. I do not function well in clutter. I don't need anything to encourage me to buy more fabric-it just happens when I go in a LQS or turn on the computer and look at quilting sites. Next year I am definitely going to declare a moratorium on fabric purchases. I really like things I have purchased-so I need to stitch them up.

cashs_mom 11-22-2016 10:27 AM

I just don't organize :D

mollymunchkin 11-22-2016 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sherian (Post 7704008)
No I always plan for having more order , but then I do add to my stash somehow, like the JoAnn sales paper that just came.

Oh dear, there's another Joann sales paper? I just restocked my fall fabric stash with the coupons that ended Saturday. Dare I try to get away with two trips in one week.....

I have to be somewhat organized or I get crazy. I like to be able to find what I want when I want it.

Deb watkins 11-22-2016 02:15 PM

OUCH.....I hear you! I spent two nights (6 hours or more) doing that....organizing, sorting, purging....but not with the intent to purchase more. I found items that I no longer need, want or have a use for. Those are going to the free table at guild. I did find a few more ufo's that I had (gasp) forgotten about. AND...found a few more quilt patterns that I had pulled out to make. Fortunately I have plenty of fabric already washed, folded and stashed. Good luck with the continued organizing!

tessagin 11-22-2016 02:37 PM

I'm trying to get organized and realize I have a couple totes with some bags with fabric that made it past the laundry room into the sewing room. I took the fabric out and laid it across my cutting table. I have no reason other than that fabulous fabric I saw at the lqs couple weeks ago, to buy any more. Those bags had 9 yards of fabric in them. The fabric is from 2 years ago. Still with receipt in them. I do not remember the fabric. I signed for them but wow what a brain fart. They were in the bottom of a black tote.

redstilettos 11-22-2016 04:49 PM

LOL tess. I have brain farts, too. And to only find 9 yards was a bonus. I once found 15 yds in a bag....they coordinated, but I couldn't for the LIFE of me remember what pattern I had picked them up for! I "obviously" HAD to have it, though!
LOL
Thanks for the chuckle!