Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Finall "done" enough to share - livingroom is now sewing room! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/finall-done-enough-share-livingroom-now-sewing-room-t248060.html)

Sewnoma 06-07-2014 08:10 AM

Finall "done" enough to share - livingroom is now sewing room!

8 Attachment(s)
Oh man this took so much longer than I wanted it to! But I love it!

A lot of these pictures are out of order, I still don't have "final" pictures of everything done..but I'm getting there!

WALL OF CABINETS! Boom!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478235[/ATTACH]

And what are those weird bulky knobs on those cabinets? ZOOM IN:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478236[/ATTACH]

Small wooden spools, wrapped in turquoise and orange thread!

Design wall! Just a length of flannel tacked to the wall at present, eventually will be foam board. But even so, immense improvement over the prior set up!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478237[/ATTACH]

Rails and hooks! Best invention ever. And love my gooseneck lamp, shines right down on my cutting surface.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478238[/ATTACH]

Those are all hanging over my cutting table, which is also where I stash my batting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478239[/ATTACH]

In the window - turns out the window is just the right size to fit one of those slotted ruler holders. SO HANDY.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478241[/ATTACH]

My "L" shaped sewing area - woohoo! (It's more fixed up now, the machine's not even plugged in yet in this pic, lol)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478240[/ATTACH]

I put this on the floor in front of my cutting table; it's a memory foam mat. I'm barefoot 99% of the time and this has a wonderful plushy feel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478242[/ATTACH]

I still have a to-do list about 10 items long, but it's done enough to the point that I'm sewing again. It's been way too long!

Cam's gram 06-07-2014 08:15 AM

Wow - what a setup. I envy you and all those cabinets!

crafterrn1 06-07-2014 08:25 AM

I know how you feel. I have a few more things to do in my rooms. But stopped organizing to get a few things sewn and quilted. I love your set up. Enjoy your new space. Luann

SewExtremeSeams 06-07-2014 08:37 AM

Too clever on your thread door knobs! Thanks for the idea.

You're my kind of sewist, barefoot!!!

Do you happen to have your vintage machines secured to the wall in case of earthquake? I hope... and I hope you never experience an earthquake.

Great sewing room! Congratulations.

Lori S 06-07-2014 08:43 AM

Wonderful space !! I do have to ask where did you locate those cabinets . I just love those

Tothill 06-07-2014 08:48 AM

Beautiful well organized room. It looks like you have been to Ikea. Oh I love that store. I have seen that blue rolling cart in several sewing rooms featured here.

I love looking at how people organize their rooms and repurpose various things to make it work for each individual.

Tartan 06-07-2014 12:02 PM

​Looking good!

pocoellie 06-07-2014 12:35 PM

What a wonderful sewing room!!

M.Elizabeth 06-07-2014 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 6748837)
Beautiful well organized room. I love looking at how people organize their rooms and repurpose various things to make it work for each individual.

I agree with the organization and how people go about organizing.

Sewnoma 06-07-2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 6748828)
Do you happen to have your vintage machines secured to the wall in case of earthquake? I hope... and I hope you never experience an earthquake.

The cabinets are, but the machines aren't. That's a good idea, though, I'm glad you mentioned it! I do live in "earthquake country" and we get them every now and then.

Neither machine actually functions, but they are representations of the machines that each of my grandmothers used to make all of THEIR quilts; they're up there to remind me that I'm part of a quilting heritage. :)