Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Finally, my own sewing space/room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/finally-my-own-sewing-space-room-t223361.html)

themachinelady 06-10-2013 04:17 AM

Finally, my own sewing space/room

I am so excited, I finally have my own sewing room and can get all my sewing/quilting 'stuff' all in one place. After having it stuck everywhere and not knowing what I had or being able to find something when I wanted it, because I couldn't remember where I had stashed it, it is all now in one room. Not the biggest room, but for someone who hasn't had their own space I am thrilled.

Right now everything is just stacked in there everywhere, but I look forward to getting it all organized after we finish moving into our new home. I also have my own genealogy/computer room, so I feel like I am in hog heaven all the way around.

The walls in my sewing area are a dark color and will have to stay that way for a while, and I have no idea of how i want to arrange it for sure at this point, but all that will come in time. Also carpet on the floor, but will manage with that too, it is just so exciting to have a place for it all. The room is only 12 x 12 (a bedroom) which looked big to me until I started filling it up of course.

Just had to share my good news with everyone. I have enjoyed looking at all the photos and reading all the organizational ideas everyone has posted and now I can put some of them into place in my own room as time progresses.

I just recently serged some napkins for my granddaughter's wedding and it was so nice to be able to leave it all right there when I had to stop to fix a meal or something and then go back to it and pick up where I left off, instead of having to put it all away and get it back out again as I had to do previously.

So any ides any of you may have are most welcome. There is nothing on the walls at the present and I have a huge closet (which is already full). I probably won't have room for a lot of decorations, as I want it to be serviceable, but once I get it arranged and sorted out, then will look towards any decorations that can be had and space used. I am one for more practicallity than for looks.

Now to get on with the rest of the moving so I can get busy.

themachinelady doing the happy dance

ksdot417 06-10-2013 04:23 AM

Congratulations on getting your own space. You'll love it.

Julie R 06-10-2013 08:06 AM

YAY for you!! You will love having a dedicated space for sewing/quilting. It's so nice to be able to have a little getaway within your home.

MaryMo 06-10-2013 08:10 AM

congratulations! you deserve your own area .... have fun stitching.

crafty pat 06-10-2013 08:16 AM

So happy for you to have your own space. I don't know how I ever got along without mine. I am cleaning mine up this last few days, it sure needed it.

running1 06-10-2013 12:29 PM

It makes such a difference when you can leave it out in order to take care of another moment!! Have fun!!

hopetoquilt 06-10-2013 01:14 PM

Lighting. A few ikea bookcases pushed together to use for storage and as cutting table. Nice big quilt on the wall. Have fun

rilene 06-10-2013 02:33 PM

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be so productive and happy in your room!

Prim Quilts 06-10-2013 05:45 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

lots2do 06-10-2013 06:00 PM

Congrats from me, too!