Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   This has been my sewing room for over 20 years (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/has-been-my-sewing-room-over-20-years-t299033.html)

coopah 08-21-2018 04:13 PM

Your room is going to be wonderful! We have vinyl floors that look like wood in all but the LR and love the ease of cleaning it. Plus pin pick up is easy peasy!

jmoore 08-22-2018 02:18 AM

Good for you to finally jump in and get it done...you will be so happy when you can sit back down at your machine in a lovely freshly painted room. You are going to love the vinyl plank flooring...that’s what I went with in my room. It cleans up so easily. I’ve never been to Indiana...

Battle Axe 08-22-2018 02:52 AM

One of my sources of inspiration is the show "Hoarders, Buried Alive" on TV. I can look at someone else's situation and translate it to mine. These poor people have some of the same hang-ups that I do....Will I ever have a chance to finish it, use it, need it???? Now I'm asking myself ....will I need it in this lifetime?

I always start with the scene of a woman who could not throw away a used and dirty band-aid. Finally, the assistant talked her into putting the band-aid in the trash, allowing her to feel the emotion and experience and then repeating that for another item.

After watching a show like that, I am more at ease to release an item.

Marcia

lindaschipper 08-22-2018 03:57 AM

I'm envious. The part of our house that my sewing room is located is over 100 years old or more, out of square, and my husband says the floors would have nails popping up if not for the carpet that is in there now. I really want to tear the 35 year old carpet out and put new flooring down. He says no way in h--l. Sad face inserted here.

Karamarie 08-22-2018 04:06 AM

You will so enjoy your vinyl flooring. Easy to maintain for sure. We moved in February from a big farmhouse where I had the whole upstairs for my quilting. Now I have the 2nd bedroom in a townhome. It is working great, but once in a while I still can't find something. It is good to clean out once in a while. Good luck, will wait for the pix.

Rhonda K 08-22-2018 04:27 AM

Your plans sound great for your room. You will love being in there all organized. Those towels are cute with so many designs.

rilene 08-22-2018 07:23 AM

Wow! You've done a lot of work! I'm sure you're going to love your room with the new flooring and new organization. You've given me inspiration.

quiltingranny 08-22-2018 07:43 AM

Wish I lived closer. I love organizing!!!!

susie reardon 08-22-2018 04:27 PM

Good Luck getting it all back in....

tuckyquilter 08-22-2018 04:37 PM

It will be beautiful. Take a photo BEFORE you start moving things back in. AND NOW might be the perfect time to upgrade your storage containers, etc.

Todays vinyl is Top of the line. I'm going to use a wood-look in my upstairs. My DIL works in the flooring industry and does commercial bldgs. I want the stuff she puts in hospitals as it's almost indestructible.