Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   How do you store your rulers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/how-do-you-store-your-rulers-t263669.html)

ohstr 04-07-2015 04:20 AM

I found a magazine rack at an estate sale...works great!!!!

M cubed 04-07-2015 03:10 PM

I have a vertical rack that I hang on my wall just above my cutting table. I also have a flat, horizontal rack that is next to my cutting table. These hold my big and square rullers (and a couple of weird shapes such as the FlipFlop ruler). My small ones and my specialty rulers are kept in a plastic shoe box on a shelf. I have more rulers that I know what to do with, but I really have this thing about tools - the more the merrier.

colorspotpony 04-07-2015 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jdeery (Post 7155990)
I store mine on the wall with the 3m hooks that doesn't mess up the wall and then you can move them when you get a new ruler!

I also hang mine this way. My small/tiny rulers are in a drawer right next to the cutting table.

tesspug 04-07-2015 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jdeery (Post 7155990)
I store mine on the wall with the 3m hooks that doesn't mess up the wall and then you can move them when you get a new ruler!

This is what I do as well. They hang on the wall next to my cutting table.

solstice3 04-07-2015 05:16 PM

I have 2 plastic boxes. One is like the pencil boxes they sell and one is the kind they use for storing scrapbook paper. Probably not the best method but at lease I don't lose the small ones.

zozee 04-07-2015 06:24 PM

The big ones I use at my cutting table hang on my pegboard.

Small ones that I use with a small rotating mat at my ironing table fit nicely into a small open box on a small open shelf in my sewing table (I have the Janome universal table).

jeanharville 04-07-2015 06:35 PM

I have some of the large square rulers hanging on the 3-M hooks, some of the smaller ones in the flat horizontal ruler racks, and my tall ones are standing on end in a small plastic trash bin. I have a small sewing room and everything is within easy reach of the cutting table. Do whatever is handy for you.

sept97 04-08-2015 02:32 AM

I hang mine on the side of my sewing machine table

no1jan 04-08-2015 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by mimi9411 (Post 7156271)
I found a pic here on this board that someone had posted. Showed it to my son in law and he made me one. He did a great job. The top has slots in it for the rulers to fit in. Now he just has to hang it on the wall for me.

I Love this. I wish I had someone to make me one. Does he sell them? If so, how much?

Bubbie 04-08-2015 02:54 AM

Mine hang on one side of my cutting/sewing station. Love it, because they are at my fingertips when cutting and ironing. But still out of the way when sewing. And most of all I always know just where to find them, being tight on space helps me put them back to be used again another day.