Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   It's a Process (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/its-process-t316771.html)

peaceandjoy 11-12-2021 04:02 AM

What a job moving is! I'm fairly sure that this is the reason that my husband refuses to move from the house that I agreed to live in for 5 years (36 years ago). He just can't let anything go. I've tried to explain that the feelings he has associated with things are in his heart and his mind, and would go anywhere with us, but he's not having it. The basement literally has a path through it. :(

I'm going to be away for a couple of months (taking sewing machine and a few projects with me!), but when I return, I plan to set up a table in the room where my fabric is - a closet in a bedroom that was once our daughter's. Room now has a sofa and DH's computer games, but I do get the closet for storage. I'm going through as fabrics that I once loved no longer appeal as much and I want to whittle it down. I know it will be hard to do - I will want to grab everything and say "someday" or "maybe" and put it right back. I'm sure there will be some of that. But the rest, I'm either selling at prices that will get it to move, or donating. It's starting to feel heavy, and that's not what I want to feel about sewing.

The day for your showing is now here. I hope it goes well!

newbee3 11-17-2021 10:40 AM

I did the same thing with some of my fabric got rid of what I knew I would never use or just had no interest in anymore you have fabric that caught your eye a few years back but now wonder why

petthefabric 11-19-2021 12:43 PM

Yesterday, dug through a box to rebox it and 1/3 went to the recycle. Several people on QB have gotten a lg flat rate box for postage. There's lots more if anyone wants some, PM me.

petthefabric 11-24-2021 05:15 PM

Since the house has set on the market for a while, I've lost momentum. For thanksgiving, we had to find the family cookbook. Yep opened a sealed box and took out the binder.

So back to packing.

petthefabric 11-25-2021 06:45 PM

Starting to move. 3/4 machines started their journey to Florida with special handling by DD and SIL. They also took some DH gas tools. I've been told moving companies don't allow gas tools inside their trucks.

Rff1010 11-27-2021 09:12 AM

Oogh! It's a job. Just to know your efforts are keeping me motivated to use stash and not build up too much!

toverly 11-27-2021 11:47 AM

Hang in there, petthefabric. It's rough moving this time of year. We finally got the new carpet in. I find that I am liking the starkness of the clutter free house. But there's way too much in the garage.

petthefabric 11-27-2021 05:26 PM

Liked; starkness of the clutter free house.

A rough guestimate of stash to unload is 1200+ yds. And 1/2 of it is already gone. I was out of control.