Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Just so I remember how it looked clean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/just-so-i-remember-how-looked-clean-t181127.html)

cousinpenny 03-06-2012 03:34 AM

sewing table

Tell me more about your table. Where did you get it? What Brand and model number is it? When to the quilt show in Hampton (my first) and was disappointed to not see anyone with them to sell.

Originally Posted by damaquilts (Post 5018933)
I just finished up (almost) cleaning up my room, sorting out my fabric, measuring and wrapping fabric on comic book backings. I took a picture to show myself what it Should look like. LOL I still have to sort and cut up my scraps so it won't look like this for long. I should be finished by the end of the week. hopefully .
I got rid of a bunch of books that I hadn't looked at in years. I still need to sort through the rest of those. I have UFO's each in their own basket . I have mending in its own basket.I found a pair of jeans I had forgotten I bought that needed the hem taken down. . I am taking 2 boxes of things to Habitat or CHKD . Not sure which yet. Still have things I want to go through and re organize but I got the big part done I think.

damaquilts 03-06-2012 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by cousinpenny (Post 5035345)
Tell me more about your table. Where did you get it? What Brand and model number is it? When to the quilt show in Hampton (my first) and was disappointed to not see anyone with them to sell.

I am assuming you are talking about the sewing machine table. It is one I bought a few years ago from Staples when I was in GA. It is adjustable and I used it that way for a long time. But I had my brother cut a good size hole in it , put a shelf under neath so I could set my machine in it. The inside cut edge was finished off it the iron on edging counter tops. We got that in Home Depot.

Jingle 03-06-2012 05:57 AM

You have a great sewing area. Enjoy!!!!!!!

QuiltnNan 03-06-2012 10:18 AM

love your title!!!

JUNEC 03-07-2012 05:32 PM

Very nicely done - I have been trying to organize my room for over a year now - never seem to get it finished - I am great at moving stuff from one pile to another

stchenfool 03-07-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts (Post 5018933)
I just finished up (almost) cleaning up my room, sorting out my fabric, measuring and wrapping fabric on comic book backings. I took a picture to show myself what it Should look like. LOL I still have to sort and cut up my scraps so it won't look like this for long. I should be finished by the end of the week. hopefully .
I got rid of a bunch of books that I hadn't looked at in years. I still need to sort through the rest of those. I have UFO's each in their own basket . I have mending in its own basket.I found a pair of jeans I had forgotten I bought that needed the hem taken down. . I am taking 2 boxes of things to Habitat or CHKD . Not sure which yet. Still have things I want to go through and re organize but I got the big part done I think.

Lookin' good and ready to play!

damaquilts 03-08-2012 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by JUNEC (Post 5040380)
Very nicely done - I have been trying to organize my room for over a year now - never seem to get it finished - I am great at moving stuff from one pile to another

It seemed that way to me too. Until I bit the bullet and got rid of some stuff first thing. I still have more to organize but they are all in little plastic drawers , the kind with wheels, so I am doing one draw at a time. Did my pencil drawer yesterday. :-)
I do these kinds of things on those days were Nothing seems to be going right. Yesterday it was everything I started I needed something for that I didn't have. lol So I clean. Makes me feel like I have at least accomplished something.

BluegrassGurl 03-08-2012 05:03 AM

woooo hooo.... job well done! Looks great.

AUQuilter 03-08-2012 05:57 AM

Your room looks great!

rusty quilter 06-14-2012 11:01 AM

Looks like a fun place to "live"