Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   KFC sides containers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/kfc-sides-containers-t192648.html)

Linda58 06-25-2012 08:24 AM

Love them and save every one I get. Great fo sewing stuff.

butterflies5518 06-25-2012 10:58 AM

The wet mop pad containers are great for storing strips or squares - when not in use snap on the clear lid. And they are stackable too.

ploverwi2 06-25-2012 11:36 AM

I knew I was saving the powdered drink containers for something, not the round ones, but the tall ones from Aldi's that the single servings come in. Now I can put my cutter, ripper, et. to take along on trips.

Jingle 06-25-2012 06:54 PM

I love the KFC containers but, not big enough for leftovers, I cook for an Army . I like to make big pots of stuff, need lunches and suppers. Two of us all the time to feed and sometimes our Granddaughter eats too. She has different taste from us and closely watches her weight, she has used them.

DogHouseMom 06-25-2012 07:01 PM

My KFC still uses Styrofoam containers!!

My local Deli however uses some really nice re-closable containers for their salads ... 1/2 lb, 1 lb, and 2 lb sizes! The lids close nice and tight.

quiltingcandy 06-25-2012 08:04 PM

I save plastic containers so I can send home left overs with my daughters and their friends. I used to trust them to bring my plastic ware back, and sometimes it made it back, sometimes it didn't. So now I don't worry about it. They recycle so it is not going into a landfill somewhere.

I just discovered the KFC small containers and fell in love with them - not sure what all they will be used for yet but they are in the cupboard waiting....

coopah 06-26-2012 05:08 AM

OMGosh! I loved my Dad, but we have just spent two years cleaning out all of these types of containers! He saved baby food jars, margarine tubs, anything that would hold anything!! He also would cut cans (the rectangular kind) down and make a wood tote and put about six in to store nuts, bolts, etc. You have NO idea. And when he'd get the building too full to move around in, he'd build another building!! Four buildings full of stuff like this. AUGH!!! So save a few, but get rid of the rest. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!

Sherryquilts 06-26-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5317667)
OMGosh! I loved my Dad, but we have just spent two years cleaning out all of these types of containers! He saved baby food jars, margarine tubs, anything that would hold anything!! He also would cut cans (the rectangular kind) down and make a wood tote and put about six in to store nuts, bolts, etc. You have NO idea. And when he'd get the building too full to move around in, he'd build another building!! Four buildings full of stuff like this. AUGH!!! So save a few, but get rid of the rest. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!

Your Dad and my FIL must have been brothers ... we have been doing the same thing at his house, only it wasn't just containers - bags, tools, dishes, scrap metal and wood, the list goes on. It made me go home and throw some my 'savings' away.

Pat G 06-26-2012 12:04 PM

Yes, I've saved those, too. Another item I save is the little white plastic box the Cesar's dog food comes in. Since it's the only thing my little dog will eat, I've had stacks of them & then I have to just toss them out. They don't have lids though.

I also love those sturdy plastic black trays that precooked frozen meat from Costco comes in. Kills me to have to finally part with them when they stack up.

Kathy Osterby 06-26-2012 02:00 PM

Kfc

We use the KFC containers to store cat food. He only gets it for treat so opened can fit perfectly(empty food into it). They also hold used blades, bent pins & needles --the list is endless lol. Thats canned food but dry works too for trips. ! meal in each container.