Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My "cutting" room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-cutting-room-t183802.html)

Phannie1 03-24-2012 03:43 AM

I work in a "Guest room" too but I have a big space and I had the closets lined with shelves to use for my crafts and quilt stash. I keep thinking get rid of the bed would help but that is my design space. I love your old machines being displayed.

carolaug 03-24-2012 04:03 AM

I have a small room too...It would bigger if I removed my treadmill and massage chair but I have no where else to put them...I wish my rooms were bigger.

callen 03-24-2012 05:00 AM

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, makes me & DH very proud, especially DH & I appreciate everything that he does for me. My vintage machines are: Cutting room (dark shelf) 1923 La Vencedora with domed top, white shelf 1936 Celtic swirl that was given to me, Sewing room: small shelf - 1946 FW, right hand shelf 1914 Sphinx (which I removed from the treadle cabinet as it is in bad shape. I also have a New Williams treadle machine from late 1800's that I am still working on. It comes in a beautiful oak cabinet which just needs some minor "spit & polish".
Thanks for looking.

Mousie 03-24-2012 07:13 AM

wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
Yay!
I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks :)

Lioness3xs 03-24-2012 07:42 AM

I love the way you are able to display your collections and the couch is a wonderful addition. To have a nice place to comfortably hand sew would be wonderful. Thanks for the great ideas.

Mariposa 03-24-2012 07:47 AM

Terrific cutting room! Nicely organized! I love the shelves and your machines! :)

petlover 03-24-2012 09:27 AM

Lucky you to have graduated to better quarters. Your hubby did an awsome job with the woodworking too.

callen 03-24-2012 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie (Post 5086880)
wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
Yay!
I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks :)

Yes, I love the mirrored doors. They are in both rooms & they are sliders so they don't open up into my rooms & take up space. When I started into the vintage journey, the sole purpose was to put them on display in my 2 rooms & so far it works. I have a chance for another, a Singer Spartan, but unless it's a portable I won't be able to take it as I won't have the room. Thank goodness my DH makes such beautiful shelves to help display them. I know I am very lucky (but I hope he thinks he is too !!!) LOL

Rose Burnett 03-24-2012 05:24 PM

Both of your rooms are great. You have them so well organized. I need to make my sewing rooms better quilter friendly.

Jingle 03-24-2012 06:25 PM

A great room and beautiful machines. Two rooms are better than nothing. I sew in a small room and in my dining room.