Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My messy sewing room - NO MORE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-messy-sewing-room-no-more-t192696.html)

lpsewing 06-25-2012 12:20 PM

Wow,looks just like a quilt shop.
You sure do have it very bright & cheerful to work in.

huntersgrammie 06-25-2012 01:37 PM

nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.

ube quilting 06-25-2012 01:42 PM

A perfect retreat.
peace

ccthomas 06-25-2012 06:01 PM

Your room looks sooooo good - peaceful, organized, a great place to work with beautiful fabric. And what did I focus on???? Your special quote on "only God is perfect; our quilts do not have to be."

caspharm 06-25-2012 06:04 PM

Looks very nice. I actually need to get some cabinets. It's too dusty here for just shelves.

DJinSC 06-25-2012 06:26 PM

I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.

TammyB 06-25-2012 06:37 PM

Wow, love your room! Love the ladybugs! It's fantastic.

Grandma Peg 06-25-2012 06:53 PM

Very nice sewing room wish mine looked like that clean.

KSue 06-25-2012 07:33 PM

They are comic book cards and I purchased them at a comic book store. Mine cost $11 for 100 plus tax. I purchased 400 cards and used every last one. If you check My messy sewing room post- you will see what it used to look like. Another board member suggested the comic book cards and I liked the idea. The more you put on the shelf the straighter they stand. I got tired and just started putting mine the other way and it looks fine. I would suggest just making a post and ask for suggestions, you will get a lot of response from members like I did. Good luck and show us!

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie (Post 5316274)
nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.

KSue 06-25-2012 07:36 PM

The liddded boxes you see on top of the bookshelves are pattern boxes. I purchased most of them at Joanns a long time ago so I don't know what kind they have now as I haven't purchased any in a long time.

Originally Posted by DJinSC (Post 5316864)
I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.