Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My messy sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-messy-sewing-room-t190506.html)

pal 06-01-2012 07:24 AM

I don't get it......... What do you mean "messy sewing room"? Looks perfect to me!

Sewfine 06-01-2012 07:35 AM

Mines look like that I a couple of days. You can always box it up and send it to me. When you click on the picture to view it you can click on it again to downsize it.

bluteddi 06-01-2012 07:59 AM

hmmm looks pretty organized and clean by MY sewing room standards........ :-)

I thrive on chaos!!!

*PAT* .... are we twins? LOL

mighty 06-01-2012 10:22 AM

I cleand up everyday when I finish working. Seems to work well for me!

sak658 06-01-2012 11:40 AM

I just wish I lived closer..I would love to help you..I am an organizing whiz...LOL I keep mine cleaned up, can't sew with it messy..just take your time and you don't have to please anyone but yourself...so when you like it...that's all that matters...I'm always looking for a little blank spot on the wall to hang something else...LOL LOL ..You can see my room on Mission Organization..its called "My Sewing Room" sak658...I have added things since that post...made 11 quilts last year..

butterflies5518 06-01-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5257179)
OMG I just did the exact same thing!! But my sweetie said "Let's take the bed in the guest room apart and store it in garage and then we can put up some shelves in there too so I have more storage" ! Wants me to have 2 rooms for my quilting fetish! How wonderful is that? In fact, we are looking to move in the next few years and every house that he wants me to look at has some large area that he feels will be "perfect" for my sewing room!

Oh my - he's is keeper! I hope mine says the same thing when we move in 5 months! It's his fault I have outgrown it in the first place. He loves to shop with me for fabrics and doubles everything I ask for and never leaves any fabric center with fq's in his hand! Gotta love 'em!

oldtnquiltinglady 06-01-2012 11:59 AM

The only question I have is, where is your sewing machine(s).....I guess that is one of the pictures you could not get to post, huh? My sewing room looks just like yours, only about three times that size because I have a Gammill on a 12 ft table down the middle of it. Love it, love it, love it.

topstitch 06-01-2012 01:33 PM

Well, I love your valance!!!!!!

lots2do 06-01-2012 02:01 PM

I so agree with gramie bj's comment on plastic bags. I'm going to train myself to unload my purchases right away and put them in a designated spot and get the plastic bags outta there. I hope to be able to straighten up my space soon. I can live with it for just so long and then it makes me nuts.

lots2do 06-01-2012 02:02 PM

Oh, and I wanted to add...I think you are a brave woman to post pix.