Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Sewing-Guest-Happy Place (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-guest-happy-place-t283623.html)

Jingle 11-08-2016 01:50 PM

Your sewing area looks great.

ccthomas 11-08-2016 05:54 PM

Nice Happy Place.

Carol34446 11-08-2016 09:06 PM

What a wonderful big happy room you have. Lucky you, know you will make some wonderful quilts in that great space.

oksewglad 11-09-2016 07:37 AM

Lucky you...lovely space. :-)

cashs_mom 11-09-2016 02:47 PM

Wow! It's so neat! I'm not gonna post pics for my sewing room after seeing this. lol

Very nice (and happy) space.

zozee 11-09-2016 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 7696184)
Wow! It's so neat! I'm not gonna post pics for my sewing room after seeing this. lol

Very nice (and happy) space.

It's like this because my out-of-town sister came as an overnight guest. I wanted her to sleep well:) That wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't taken some drastic measures! She said the room was really "cute" and --best of all--she slept for 10 hours straight!

oksewglad 11-09-2016 04:20 PM

LOL....when my sister came I asked which bed she wanted to sleep in and I would clean up that room...Lucky me she chose the least cluttered of the two...just had a quilt in rows on the bed...and no I don't sew in either one.....and got the top pieced except for borders before she came...icing on the cake was that after sharing my finishes I had inspired her to get more done...wow score one for the younger sister....

slk350 11-09-2016 08:56 PM

Nice sewing room, so neat

jeanharville 11-09-2016 09:57 PM

I can see this is indeed a happy place. It looks so warm and inviting. You are a lucky girl.

zozee 11-11-2016 10:23 AM

OH, and there's a reason I didn't show you the closet with doors OPEN! Ahem!

Funny story: my youngest sister (37) and her family just moved into a new house. We got a tour of it this past Sunday, and her 3 year old daughter, my sweet precious niece, was kind of taking the lead as tour guide. When we got to the master bedroom, my sister says, "And this is our closet."

"It's a monster closet!" I exclaimed, seeing the size of the walk-in.

Poor little J looks up at me with a half-scared, half let-me-set-you-straight look on her face, then boldly says, "Aunt Zo, it's not a monster kwoset."

I stifled my laugh, as it would've hurt her feelings. Instead, I "got" instantly what she was thinking, so I knelt down, put my arms around her and said, "Oh, honey, I didn't mean there are monsters in the closet. Not at all. I was just using an expression that grown ups use when they mean something is something really big . Like a monster tractor or a monster house--just means really big. Has nothing at all to do with monsters. Okay? There are no monsters in this closet or anywhere else." She was satisfied and comforted.

Well, we continued our tour. She showed us the bathroom, the baby's room, then her room. Picture a happy girl with enthusiastic hand motions. "These are my toys, and this is my bed, and these are my books, and this is my twash can, and this is my kwoset. It's not a monster kwoset either. It's not very big."

The girl learns !

But between you and me, MY closet in the sewing room really have monsters in it. I'm sure of it.