Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My sewing space before and after (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-space-before-after-t295187.html)

DJ 03-27-2018 12:41 PM

Your studio is superb! What an inspiration.

tuckyquilter 04-03-2018 08:04 PM

I love the look of your room. and yes, make the best of what you have. I've seen some beyond fabulous quilts that were made on a card table in the corner of a tiny kitchen, and the card table was the "dining" table to boot. SO all that fancy stuff and huge rooms really don't mean a hoot, when it comes to expertise in the piecing and quilting. I just used the ground level of my home for a sewing studio. I can put things away for a holiday meal IF I need too. LOl

Charleen DiSante 04-04-2018 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior (Post 8014229)
Thank you all for your comments. We really enjoyed putting it all together. And now I spend more time in there than any other room in the house. The two storage cabinets were purchased from Home Depot, but the cutting table and the sewing table were made from scratch using stain grain wood. If anyone is interested I have pictures of the construction as it progressed that I could post. It really helps to have a handy dh and mine is very hand. I'm truly blessed.

I would love to see the 'in progress' photos!

lots2do 04-04-2018 04:39 PM

Clever, clever, clever! Thanks for showing us. And enjoy that lovely space!

SillySusan 04-04-2018 05:08 PM

Wow! This is really beautiful! I have 3 times the space and it's all a jumbled mess! Congrats. Enjoy!

osewme 04-04-2018 06:51 PM

Totally awesome use of space for a dual purpose room.

Dedemac 04-05-2018 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior (Post 8014229)
Thank you all for your comments. We really enjoyed putting it all together. And now I spend more time in there than any other room in the house. The two storage cabinets were purchased from Home Depot, but the cutting table and the sewing table were made from scratch using stain grain wood. If anyone is interested I have pictures of the construction as it progressed that I could post. It really helps to have a handy dh and mine is very hand. I'm truly blessed.

Yes please post the extra pictures! I showed this to my DH and he said that would work in our room!:thumbup: He is willing to build anything for me as long as I can get him the dimensions, or good pictures. Unfortunately the daybed we found is to long for the wall to use the same setup you have looks like I have to have him build the bed also, and a smaller cutting area. My sewing room is 8 by 10 with two wall that have doors and two walls with windows:p.

Christine- 04-05-2018 02:15 PM

Wow, what a great job your husband did on your closets. And I love how you re-purposed the daybed

Ukinusa 04-21-2018 03:53 PM

What a brilliant solution, it looks great.

SewingSenior 05-06-2018 05:56 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry I haven't answered the request for progress pictures sooner, but we have been working on another area of the house and it has taken all our time and energy (we are old you know, ;)). I will try and get some progress pictures posted in the next few days.