Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Small lIroning Station (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-small-lironing-station-t297378.html)

RN-Quilter 06-04-2018 04:42 AM

My Small lIroning Station

3 Attachment(s)
Space is at a premium in my sewing room (dining room), so DH made me a small ironing station, to use beside my sewing table. It is only a trial, to see what I want/need from an ironing station. I was so eager to try it out, I did not even wait for him to finish painting it!
:D

It is on little wheels, so I can move it nearer or out of the way as I need it.
On the bottom shelf I placed 2 holders for big thread-spools and the Peggy Stitch Eraser is kept in a small wooden crate I found in the garage.
Two days later he added a tool holder on top (towards the back), where I keep the small tools I use the most. So far, it works great!:thumbup:

A day or so later, I found 2 bathroom caddies in the garage, and he modified it to attached to one side, to keep the hot iron. The other spaces on the caddies, I filled with large mugs - one for glues, one for rotary cutters, and oils and rubbing alcohol etc.
While using it, I have started to attached hooks for my rulers at the back and at the front.
Now, after a few weeks of working on it and with it, I think it is ready to be made into a properly organized, ironing station.
Is there anything you will alter or change if it was yours?
I also need some input on what to do with the electrical cord at the bottom?
Thanks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595442[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 06-04-2018 05:19 AM

wow, very nice

bearisgray 06-04-2018 05:26 AM

Looks like it is working out well.

The only suggestion I have would be to have the plug-in part of the cord in a location that is easy to access.

tranum 06-04-2018 05:26 AM

That holds a ton of stuff in a small space.

RN-Quilter 06-04-2018 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8070216)
wow, very nice

Thank you QuiltnNan, coming from you it is a lovely compliment!

RN-Quilter 06-04-2018 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8070223)
Looks like it is working out well.

The only suggestion I have would be to have the plug-in part of the cord in a location that is easy to access.

Thank you Bearisgray, I will hold that in consideration! Thanks for your input!:thumbup:

RN-Quilter 06-04-2018 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by tranum (Post 8070224)
That holds a ton of stuff in a small space.

:D It sure does, doesn't it!?!?!:D Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we "need" to quilt?:) Thanks for looking!

cenpaqltr 06-04-2018 06:32 AM

Looking good... and so organized... good job!

KalamaQuilts 06-04-2018 06:44 AM

you have everything you need. Who needs a separate house for it all :)
(((your husband)))

Liz92B 06-04-2018 07:23 AM

If you broke the handles off the mugs, you'd room for lots more {giggle}