Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New (to me) Cubes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-me-cubes-t311425.html)

retrogirl02 06-23-2020 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 8395357)
Wow! Look at all of those pretty fabrics. I bet you're really motivated now. Can I ask where you got the metal pieces for your masks? I'm guessing they are for the nose parts. Thanks

Of course, lots2do! They're from Staples and I think they were $12 for 100. I have a number of family members and close friends with glasses and heard many sewists were trying to use pipe cleaners without much luck. These work well but need to be included in your layers if you're going to wash them. They're more stable sewed in place anyway but be careful, I've bent several needles running them through too quickly (and too close) through my older machine.

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time in there very soon. It makes a world of difference in such a small space. It's back to being my happy place. :)

sewbizgirl 06-23-2020 08:00 PM

Nice to have everything organized. It's inspirational. Now get in there and create!

jmoore 06-24-2020 02:41 AM

What a great score...your stash now looks neat and tidy. It appears you have a beautiful collection of fabrics...and now you can access them easily.

Rff1010 06-25-2020 12:43 AM

That is a beautiful organized system. Well done.

Ladywingnut 06-25-2020 07:20 AM

CoolCoolCool! What a great set up!!

retrogirl02 06-25-2020 07:20 PM

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to it for sure. I've been making pincushion gifts and getting sets of charms out to a few friends. We're doing virtual applique sessions starting this Saturday. I'm also posting some instructions on the blog for people who prefer to work at their own pace. I should be working on lesson planning for fall but I just wanna play in the fabrics. Hand applique reduces my stress and we could all use a little bit of that right now. I'm making masks still for family and have a few more items to pick up for a set of project bags...I've .. put in a zipper before and the whole set has zippers in each but I'm trying new things. Once things settle down a bit, I'll get back to piecing, too.

Quiltah Mama 06-26-2020 02:30 AM

My goodness, aren't you organized, that looks like a quilt shop. That is an awesome unit 👍, and beautiful to look at. I can see why you were determined to get it to your house. Enjoy.

retrogirl02 07-19-2020 08:31 PM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama (Post 8396723)
My goodness, aren't you organized, that looks like a quilt shop. That is an awesome unit 👍, and beautiful to look at. I can see why you were determined to get it to your house. Enjoy.

Quiltah Mama, thanks so much! lol a friend said the same but honestly, I have such a small shared space it's easier to find everything in the rows of cubes. I think I'll add a few more in the coming months as the opposite wall has a L shaped desk with lots of unused space in the corner. I think they'll look nice and work when we move, too. Thank you.