Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New sewing studio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-sewing-studio-t299270.html)

sewbeadit 10-21-2018 10:41 AM

Great space, love it!

Darcyshannon 10-24-2018 02:44 PM

I hope you get it set up to enjoy during winter.

amyjo 10-29-2018 09:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603212[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]603213[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]603214[/ATTACH]Still lots to put away and my dingo cabinet to get out here yet, but my sister was here from grand forks so we got a lot out here. I have to put my fabric on boards when the carpenter gets finished. She’ll come over to help with that too. Note the old quilt laying out is one from one of the carpenters that his mom made sewn on sheets that I’m going to put thin batting in with a pretty blue back n tie

amyjo 11-06-2018 09:08 PM

Still working on putting stuff away. I did decide to put my fat qtrs in the loaf acrylic units & into my ScrapBox. They aren’t in it yet bc I need to move my sewing cabinet around. Wish the carpenter would come back n finish n take his tools home with him so I can put my dingo cabinet under the window and have it open to use

amyjo 11-06-2018 09:09 PM

Still working on putting stuff away. I did decide to put my fat qtrs in the loaf acrylic units & into my ScrapBox. They aren’t in it yet bc I need to move my sewing cabinet around. Wish the carpenter would come back n finish n take his tools home with him so I can put my dingo cabinet under the window and have it open to use

Darcyshannon 11-06-2018 09:35 PM

It must be so nice ot have a large dedicated space.

amyjo 11-08-2018 09:31 PM

Well I’ll tell u I used to sew in a tiny bedroom. Now my husband has died n left me with a garage I couldn’t park my car in during the winter so I decided to convert to a dedicated sewing studio. I still have lots left to move in as my skid shack that we were going to use couldn’t bc of not being able to walk out in the snow n the slippery floors. I guarantee u that I sewed many many years in a tiny bedroom

amyjo 12-03-2018 03:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I’ve done some more organizing so here’s some pictures one I can’t get to load n idk why they went sideways after posting

amyjo 12-03-2018 03:16 PM

The big cupboard is being used to store my batiks. Looking for some under bed totes like I have that fit in there to keep fabric clean. The lateral file cabinet has my fleece in it. I have a book case next to it that I can’t get to load.

amyjo 01-04-2019 01:35 PM

My ScrapBox is the big cabinet opened on opposite wall from ramp. I was so fortunate to see on a fb marketplace ad the other day for a damaged one. I grabbed it for my sister who quilts n makes totes/bags purses crochets beautiful doilies. It had a damaged door n my sil is picking it up n bringing it here til she can get her g son’s pickup n haul it to grand forks. She’s in 7th heaven as she really loved mine