Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Not Again !! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/not-again-t268873.html)

shaverg 08-18-2015 12:38 PM

So sorry you have to go through this. On the other hand what an opportunity you have a blank canvas to do what you want with. Keep us up on the progress.

We moved 4 years ago after I finally had the quilting room I always wanted. The house we moved to has a much bigger room and hardwood floors which I love, but I still do not have it set up like I would like. The lighting was terrible, I have added a solatube sky light which has been the best thing it was so dark before even though there was a window, but I have to have natural light, now if I could just finally get the space set up like I want it.

Carol34446 08-18-2015 01:11 PM

How lucky you are to have such a big wonderful space. Did you loose your pretty furniture too. If you like green, I would go with a softer, paler grey green, a new neutral, and I love pale yellow to brighten place up. Take a deep breath and start with color on walls, flooring, and lighting. Then what furniture you have and what you need. As I have 8 sq feet if space and things here and there, I would LOVE to be able to have that space. . Our vet has an almost new office and I would love a finished cement floor like he has, hard to do in a double wide. Let us see it as you work, and don't forget to look at the thread here on organizing a sewing room/space.

Nammie to 7 08-18-2015 01:22 PM

I can see how daunting it would be to have to start over -- take one step at a time --maybe make a list so you can check the steps off -- that always makes me feel like I've accomplished something! Good luck in your new room. I'm sure it will be wonderful when it is finished.

bearisgray 08-18-2015 01:53 PM

I am sorry your space got wrecked by water -

But you seem to be more fortunate than many in that you are able to do it over and have a huge amount of space to work with.

My main suggestion is to have many electrical outlets installed - and to have them at least three feet off the floor - or above your work tables - so that they are easy to use.

I agree that sometimes too many choices can make decision making more difficult.

lots2do 08-18-2015 03:25 PM

Love the Lego planning tool. I used graph paper and laminated my current pieces of furniture, cut them out and shifted them around to take several pictures. That's a start but living in the space really helps the most. And you have a head start on that! Good luck.

tjk829 08-18-2015 04:47 PM

LOL... the legos are awesome I am going to see the grandkids!! :)

coopah 08-19-2015 04:32 AM

I have empathy for your situation, but not solutions. Sorry that you have to go through this. Maybe just change the color from green and improve any other things you didn't like. What a job!

callen 08-19-2015 05:07 AM

Sorry for your stress but it will be sew worth it in the end. As others have said, take it one step at a time & time it will take, for sure. Don't rush into decisions & change what you didn't like in your other rooms & improve on the ones that you did like. Sounds easy doesn't it but we all know, change is sometimes tough. You are going to have a fabulous room when all is said & done. Good luck. Make sure you post the end results.

Geri B 08-19-2015 05:45 AM

Omg....what a nightmare......must be costing a fortune to redo......just wait til it a real space then begin.....right now from your pic it looks so depressing

fayeberry 08-19-2015 06:30 AM

Oh, your old room was very nice and I am sure your new one will be also. Crisis=opportunity. I agree - remember what you liked from before and do it again. Change the things you would have liked to have had different. Nothing is set in stone and it can be modified if you make a mistake. I certainly have made a few.....