Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   It only took me 18 months... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/only-took-me-18-months-t275075.html)

amyhas4kids 01-27-2016 08:00 PM

It only took me 18 months...

2 Attachment(s)
We moved into our house 18 months ago. We downsized quite a bit in house (upsized in land) and I lost my sewing room. It turned out to be a blessing though. We ended up doing away with our home office (we both work from laptops when home anyway) and I got the office space for my sewing area. I took me several tries to get the furniture in the right spots, but I'm finally happy with it. Oh, and it works out really well using the blinds as a 'design wall' with Wonder Clips (man, I love those things).

I'm in the process of remodeling my childhood dollhouse that inherited from my grandmother a few months ago, in case you are wondering what all that is about. My fabric is stored in the storage room, tucked away in plastic boxes. I learned last winter to put all textiles in containers after the mice made a happy little habitat in my embroidery thread. Oh the joys of the country!

Please excuse my floors. Chickens live right out back. :)

zzmom 01-27-2016 08:05 PM

What a nice space! Great lighting. A happy place.

Tartan 01-27-2016 08:22 PM

Looks great! Your doll house needs a teeny tiny quilt hanging off the front porch.:)

sewingsuz 01-27-2016 09:39 PM

How nice your space looks. Mine gets all messed up with each project.

Barb in Louisiana 01-27-2016 09:46 PM

Nice looking, very organized space. I look forward to seeing what you create there.

RN-Quilter 01-28-2016 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7448081)
Looks great! Your doll house needs a teeny tiny quilt hanging off the front porch.:)

Second that!!:thumbup:

tessagin 01-28-2016 05:46 AM

First a great looking space. If you need a large design wall, my wall is very portable. I just use a vinyl flannel back table cloth with a grid and super cheap. Then I use 2-4 skirt hangers with the swivel hooks that would fit the top of your windows and attached to your vinyl tablecloth. Easily fold and store nicely.

lyndaj 01-28-2016 06:00 AM

You have an amazing space. I would die for that much natural light.

amyhas4kids 01-28-2016 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7448325)
First a great looking space. If you need a large design wall, my wall is very portable. I just use a vinyl flannel back table cloth with a grid and super cheap. Then I use 2-4 skirt hangers with the swivel hooks that would fit the top of your windows and attached to your vinyl tablecloth. Easily fold and store nicely.

What a great idea!

amyhas4kids 01-28-2016 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7448081)

I've thought about that. How does one make a teeny tiny quilt?