Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organized Chaos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organized-chaos-t169591.html)

My time 11-26-2011 01:01 PM

It looks like organized chaos alright. Your all so creative in what you do so obviously this system works for you. Personally it would drive me nuts. I make a mess while I am working on a project but I have to tidy including vacuuming when I am done. My quilting friends make fun of me because I even bring a lint roller with me to classes. Thank goodness we all different. It makes the world much more fun. Thanks for sharing. Love all your beautiful fabrics.

spartan quilter 11-26-2011 07:17 PM

Organized or not organized~~~I am just envious of those that have rooms to work in. I did, until last August 1, when an evergreen tree fell on the roof of the sewing/computer room, putting a hole in the roof, causing big damage there and the other room of the addition. So, to make a long story short, repairs have been made, and am waiting for the texturing, so I can paint, new flooring, get trim back on windows and doors, and then I will move my sewing into the larger~~12x20~~room of the 2. I had previously shared my sewing with my computer in a 12X12 room. I can hardly wait till the rooms are done, and I can post pics of my SEWING ROOM. And until then, I sew in my dining room, sandwich a quilt on my kitchen table, have my tubs of material in upstairs bedrooms, and sewing equipment in my closet. Sure is a test of my memory skills to remember just where I put something. But, as they say, all good things are worth waiting for or something like that.

SHELLEYJACOBSON 11-27-2011 09:04 AM

i am so glad i am not the only one... I try and try to keep it to just a little messy and before i know it, it is a full blown explosion of "stuff"...Thanks for sharing that pic.

stitcherlady 11-27-2011 01:55 PM

I'm there right there with you. Don't even know where to start organizing......someday.

Grandma58 11-27-2011 06:44 PM

Fabric is fabulous and some days I am sure I have too much. Thanks for sharing, it makes me fell much more organized.

oma66 11-28-2011 06:20 AM

Whoa...that is a massive amount of fabric you ladies have. I almost wish I had a "mess" like yours...I don't have anything near your inventory. I can't even imagine having that much fabric.

It would be like shopping in a quilt shop when you begin to get it all organized.

You are so blessed to have all that fabric... (sigh)

4dogs 11-28-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm (Post 4714998)
I'm in the process of "cleaning" mine. I was to take over my son's bedroom as a sewing room but hubby said we still needed a guest room (he is right, darn) so I painted and bought some antique furniture. Right now I am unpacking boxes and realized this isn't going to work. I put my machine and some things in the closet- so I can just close the doors and no one will see the mess. But there's no where to spread out and cut, etc. So I'm back to my idea of redoing the basement into a room. I'm going to post pics soon. My "mess" is currently on the dining room table but I'm off to pack it up so we can actually eat at the table tomorrow. Thought about the formal living room because we don't use it, but I just cleaned and organized there and I don't want to mess it up. Sigh, where am I going to sew?

I was just thinking ..... which would you use the most, a company bed room OR a sewing room.............maybe you should put that company bedroom in the basement????

Greyhound Mom 11-29-2011 06:11 AM

I just love looking at all your fabric-you lucky girls!

hheelleenn 11-29-2011 06:36 AM

Let's see. . . a pink flamingo,. . ,a lamb. . a frog. . raccoon? (looked like it in a pic) I have a bunny. Do we all have a mascot?

Bebwee 11-29-2011 02:28 PM

I am so glad that I am not the only one out there who has a mess like this! But I am just fine working in it and can find anything (well, most anything) that I want!