Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organizing New Year's Resolution for our Sewing Spaces (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organizing-new-years-resolution-our-sewing-spaces-t236674.html)

lots2do 12-14-2013 06:20 AM

Organizing New Year's Resolution for our Sewing Spaces

Hi everyone,
I'll start. I vow to take purchases out of the plastic shopping bags and put them into their proper spaces right when I bring them into my space. Better yet, I'll start using all of those reusable shopping bags I've purchased to eliminate the plastic and paper bags all together. This should go a long way to unclutter my space and to help me become more efficient with the limited amount of time I have to create.
Okay, your turn. Can't wait to hear your resolution!
Happy organizing,
lots2do

homecaregiver 12-14-2013 06:28 AM

I guess I will be second. I vow to make my sewing space neat and tidy. I will put my fabric where it belongs and get all my notions in a cabinet where I can find them. I also vow to each day do something to perk it up and most of all, I vow to finish up all those UFO's that are lurking around. I will take all the clutter and bags etc. out and all the things I will not use, I will send, donate, take to others who will hopefully put them to use.
Okay, next !!!!!
Pat

crafterrn1 12-14-2013 08:12 AM

I vow as I change rooms from a small bedroom to a 2 room quilt studio suite, to purge and organize even better than now! I am currently working on long over due UFO's. I just need the time and space to get them completed. I also vow to have my quilt tops finished by myself or a longarmer. I also vow to get my scraps organized and make the many scrap quilts I want to do! Luann in Snowy Cold CT

tessagin 12-14-2013 08:17 AM

I vow to at least think about it!

Tartan 12-14-2013 08:37 AM

I vow to not make any New Year resolutions!:)

Pam S 12-14-2013 08:49 AM

i vow to clean up after myself and put things away when I finish with them instead of leaving them out on the tabletops. I will use all those wonderful storage organizers I've amassed through the years.

lots2do 12-14-2013 09:45 AM

These sound great to me! Keep 'em coming!

Tiggersmom 12-14-2013 03:53 PM

Ok,,,,,,,,,,I'm in the same boat as 'tessagin'....
Upon thinking about it, I will "STRIVE" to work on my UFO's and put things away, not pulling out another 3 or 4 projects at one time..........uhhhhhhh............I really need to do something about returning items to their home........ohhhh, I guess I could work on unloading the 'flat spaces'......I think this tells you all way to much about how I keep my room.....
I will follow "tartan's post and refuse to actually Make a New Year's Resolution, but I will think about it and if the mood strikes me I might do something about it. But, I'm NOT putting pressure on myself. roflol :wave:

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6456090)
I vow to at least think about it!

DonnaR 12-14-2013 04:51 PM

At our beelet Christmas party last year we all wrote goals for the year. We are going to read them this next week at the Christmas party. I will try to stay tidier and get projects finished.

lots2do 12-14-2013 06:50 PM

No pressure here, just encouragement!