Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   PLEASE!! Button Storage Suggestions-PLEASE!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/please-button-storage-suggestions-please-t171621.html)

annthreecats 12-11-2011 03:38 AM

I sorted mine in a shallow square craft container with lots of partitions in it. Found the container at JoAnn's. Someone else did it on the board and I stole the idea. It works great and it stores nicely in a drawer.

jeaninmaine 12-11-2011 05:08 AM

I have some large fancy glass containers with covers that I was given and I've been putting them in those.

QuilterChick 12-11-2011 05:12 AM

I use the storage containers from the tool department at Home Depot or Lowe's. The guys use them for storing and separating nuts and bolts and nails etc. They come in all sizes, mine has 48 clear plastic see through drawers of varying sizes, and can be stored on shelves or hung on the wall. Inexpensive too.

QuilterChick 12-11-2011 05:26 AM

I use the storage containers from the tool department at Home Depot or Lowe's. The guys use them for storing and separating nuts and bolts and nails etc. They come in all sizes, mine has 48 clear plastic see through drawers of varying sizes, and can be stored on shelves or hung on the wall. Inexpensive too.

dixie_fried 12-11-2011 06:05 AM

I sort by color/design, put them into snack-sized bags, and keep them in old cookie tins. A few really old ones that I will never part with are in a mason jar where i can see them.

idoqlts 12-11-2011 06:19 AM

Mason jars are good. Also, you can get clear glass vases at Goodwill for 50 cents to $1. Depends on whether you
want decorative storage or not. Joanns also sells a 3 compartment plastic container by June Taylor which says it's for
buttons. It's in the craft section.

Murphy 12-11-2011 06:22 AM

I store my buttons in a "nuts and bolts" storage shelf. They are inexpensive and can be found in the hardware section of most stores. They are sturdier than most craft storage items and take up little room.

Pieces2 12-11-2011 06:53 AM

I like my buttons in the old fashioned quart jars with the wire closing.
The clear jars show the colored buttons and look cute on the shelves.

ShirlinAZ 12-11-2011 07:10 AM

Button storage

2 Attachment(s)
I store my buttons in a tackle box. Each divided section contains a size. When I have a lot of buttons the same size I use a few sections located together and sort by color. You can see I have heavy duty button thread in this box also. For buttons that are not on cards I string matching buttons together. Cover buttons are in plastic bags. The extra buttons for purchased clothing are all together in one section.

nnwalton2 12-11-2011 07:21 AM

The colored jars are pretty but for mainly storing buttons - go to the hardware store and get the storage containers that the men use for their nuts, bolts, and screws, etc. They have dividers and come in all different sizes. Then you can sort out by color, size, design, etc. I don't have baby food jars any more so that is what I would use. Really need to do that for my our button stash too.