Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Renovations almost finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/renovations-almost-finished-t181149.html)

tebill 03-01-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BeverlyH (Post 5021758)
Oh my goodness! I love it and there's an extra chair for me! The thing I love most is the vintage sewing machine and cover and the classy way you have it displayed. I love that!

My mom's mother-in-law gave her the Singer seventy years ago! It's so nice to have a place to display this family treasure. Thanks for your kind words!

tebill 03-01-2012 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by needles3thread (Post 5019684)
I think we need to 'take up a collection' & get more thread for you! (since you haven't any)!

I can't help it! They followed me home! LOL!

Helen6869 03-01-2012 05:16 PM

little machine on the treadle stand?

What kind of machine is this? I love the setup but why is it hidden in the corner? just curious! Your room is amazing. I have that amount of space but not the wonderful furniture. Gives me great ideas for my renovation..............whenever!!

Country1 03-01-2012 05:16 PM

LOVE it!... So neat and organized. I love how you have the dome/coffin lid hanging under your machine / shelf. Cool idea. Ours our scattered around the house sitting on different pcs of furniture, hidden under their lids, although it does help keep the dust off. Really like your room.

tebill 03-01-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Helen6869 (Post 5023082)
What kind of machine is this? I love the setup but why is it hidden in the corner? just curious! Your room is amazing. I have that amount of space but not the wonderful furniture. Gives me great ideas for my renovation..............whenever!!

It's a Janome XPression embellishment machine. It doesn't use thread - you use roving etc. to make your own felt etc. It weighs very little so is easy to move if necessary. It's not a machine I would use every day and it won't fit on the new counter tops. If I move the "lady with the scarf" out of that area, then I have room to sit there and have fun with the machine. I also can move it onto the cutting table as it's different than a regular sewing machine. I hope you can renovate soon - it's so nice to have things organized now. Hubby bought the wood to make the drawers for the
cupboards under the counter tops so that will also help me keep track of sewing notions etc. and have them handy by the machines.

Whigrose 03-01-2012 07:05 PM

You have a fabulous space! And quite a beautiful ?27 or ?127. Do you use the machine?

best,
d

tebill 03-01-2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5023331)
You have a fabulous space! And quite a beautiful ?27 or ?127. Do you use the machine?

best,
d

I'm not sure what model it is. I used to know but have forgotten. I have tried the machine and it sews beautifully. However, I use it only for display and for the memories. My mom used to sew heavy jackets etc. on that machine - amazing machines!

aorlflood 03-02-2012 05:34 AM

Nice room and nicely organized! :)

lovedquilts 03-02-2012 05:47 AM

that a great space, so clean and organized too

callen 03-02-2012 05:58 AM

What a wonderful room. My hubby is very handy too. It makes it so much easier when you want things done.
Great space.