Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Reorganized My quilting den (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/reorganized-my-quilting-den-t219316.html)

SingerSewer 04-17-2013 01:24 PM

Beautiful and an inspiration to get my area arranged to be more efficient! WOW!!!

quiltinghere 04-17-2013 02:27 PM

A truly lovely room! Well done!

Nan

Born2Sew 04-17-2013 02:39 PM

Good golly Miss Molly! I want to come play at your house too! I love how you have it all so organized. That must have taken quite a bit of your time. I'm with some of the others, what I would give to have that kind of space. Actually, any space at the moment would do. I have plenty of fabric and no place left to sew. Congrats on your accomplishment, it was well earned!

PS Stitcher 04-17-2013 04:08 PM

That is an awesome space!!! And I LOVE the drawers! Thanks for sharing......and making the rest of us jealous! :)

Wild8580 04-17-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6008456)
So I did an inventory and with everything you have here ( studio Go, etc) I have to ask...... Are you in business? A professional who is making money off your quilting? Just had to ask, lol. Sure is lovely!

I am not in business. I got the accucut studio after my husband saw the system at an aqs show in Nashville and decided I needed that. I didn't buy at the show and he kept on after we got home so I said you buy it, and he did. I feel so blessed and I share my equipment with my quilting buddies. If you look closely, a lot of my furniture is repurposed. My cutting table is an old library table my mom got when a local high school closed. It is set on 2 by 4's glued together and routed out where the legs fit. after i got the ikea shorter units, I asked a friend to put a board on the table that would extend over the shelves, so I can cut those long borders. The storage underneath were acquired at a garage sale for $5 and just fit underneath the table. The desks beside my sewing area are tables my son scavaged from a nail salon that went out of business. My ironing board is a board screwed to the top of my mom's old ironing board. You know those older metal boards were so much sturdier than the new ones today. It has been a process over the last 5 years.

I occasionally will quilt for a friend, but am always afraid I will mess it up. I make quilts for the joy of making them and give them away to family or donate to my church or when grandkids need something for an auction. Because I am so blessed, I share what I have with my quilting friends. they gather at my home and we sew together. It is my hobby that has turned into a passion for the craft. I learned a long time ago that if I am productive, I have to have order and good tools. It helps that my DH of 48 yrs tells me his purpose in life is to keep me happy. He's done a great job! LOL I have been reading these posts for a long time. I love the pictures of the quilts and have saved the pictures of many and this was my first post. Thank you all for all the encouraging comments. I will post some of my quilts that this space has produced.

ging10ging 04-17-2013 04:14 PM

Gorgeous and spaceous sure wish I had this space it's like your own quilting shop. Sue

quiltjoey 04-17-2013 04:33 PM

My Ambien ( I take it because my husband snores and a I am a light sleeper) which makes me have wild dreams, so when I saw your studio, I thought I must be dreaming!! What a fantasy sewing room! My room is 10 x 12 so yours is truly a "dream" to me!!!

1screech 04-17-2013 05:09 PM

Wow! Your room looks great. Wish I had a big room like yours...doubt it would be this organized because I can destroy a sewing room in less than 15 minutes. I bet it makes you happy being able to see your beautiful fabrics.

milikaa1 04-17-2013 05:09 PM

I am going to now go to my corner and pout! I am jealous lol, wow, that is a nice space....someday I hope to have something as lovely.

TX GMimi 04-17-2013 05:49 PM

For those who want to visit: what is your favorite coffee? Will someone else bring some goodies? What a treat to have space like that!