Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Reorganized My quilting den

Reorganized My quilting den

My quilt den was needing a good cleaning and some reorganization. I was inspired after reading Bonnie Hunters tutorial on fabric folding and modified to fit my units. Sorry I didn't take before pictures although it was somewhat organized before. I had purchased the storage units from ikea a few years back and all my fabric was in tubs that I could slide in and out. Ikea made shelves for the units, so I bought them and began to sort and re-fold every piece of fabric I owned. I donated unwanted and "what was I thinking" fabric. I love the order in my room now. I can now see what I have and it has been inspiring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOVE THIS ROOM!! Makes me want to come play and visit!!

Some more views of my space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine having this much space. I live in such a small house so this makes me very jealous. Thanks for sharing your pics.
    Nancy (Go Big Red)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Great things have been done for me,
    and I am filled with joy.

What a great, great space! We are all coming to visit you in your den and play

What's your address we will all bring lunch! This is a very nice space and it is so organized. Great job.
    Sharon

can we set up a play date?

Blog Entries
    nice digs

Blog Entries
    I am in awe of your space and how clean it is. I love looking at your wall of fabric I bet it is inspirational to be able to see all your fabric right there. Do you get to many ideas and not enough time to execute? That would be me.

Not sure what I like best! I love the cutting table and I was thinking of the ironing board cover just yesterday! Nice area to quilt with a friend!
    Sylvia
    Central Maryland

Your space is wonderful. I love how everyting has a place, and how organized your visible fabric is. The drawers for each fabric line is brilliant! I was leaning toward envious, then I saw the 2nd batch of photos which show your HQ 16, and I'm over the edge with envy. You have my total dream room. Enjoy!

Great space. Looks like a place where lots of quilts can be made. Looks like you have the whole basement.

What a wonderful studio and so organized.
    Wendy

WOW, I love it!... All that fabric and I've never seen any room sew ORGANIZED. Color me JEALOUS! I really like your large cutting table also. All that fabric and ALL that SPACE, WHOO HOO! Fabulous! Okay if I were to walk into a room like that and was told it was mine, after I come to from the shock and awe, I'd have to say "1st I LOVE YOU to DH." Then I have to make sure it was real, then 1. Is it really mine? Where's the bathroom? Then, all I would need is a small fridge for my insulin and water. 1 cabinet for food, so my glucose stays up. Once, again tell DH how much I love him!... Then advise him that if he needs anything just call or come an ask, otherwise I'd be here for a LONG time. Then 1 MAJOR problem would hit me, I wouldn't want to mess it up!...
    So I think I'll have to leave this dream now and just stay here. But I am sew happy for you, you're one LUCKY QUILTER!...
    Thanks for the fantasy!
    Country1
    Last edited by Country1; 04-17-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    Country 1

What fabulous space! Very inspiring! I really need to spend some time getting my space in better shape.

Ohmy gosh!! I love your sewing den! Everything is perfect! I would spend every minute in there.

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! Just love your space. I hope you don't mind that I have saved all your pictures and am going to show DH and SIL so when they build my room on I can have that kind of a set up. LOVE IT ABSOLUTELY. Do you ever have to leave? I would need a bathroom behind one of those doors, which I am sure you do.

What a wonderful, awe inspiring sewing studio you have! I love it so much. I really like your cutting island with all the storage underneath. Did your husband construct it for you?
    Carol

can't beleive that room. Barb
    be happy

Love your quilting den!!!!

Beautiful room!! I love your cutting table! So much storage!!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

thank you for showing us your space : it great and a blessing to have and go in to sew you inspire me i was just trying to justify why i spent so much and how sewing quilting take over my life my husband say it my new lover it i buy sew machine UNTIL I CAN GET A LONG ARM A REAL LONGARM THANK YOU ! FOR LIFTING ME UP ! I NOT JEALOUS GUESS I GROWING IT INSPIRE! PRAISE THEE!
    #They Call Me QuickStitch!!

Oh. My. Gosh. I just drooled all over my keyboard!!! What a fabulous work space...

OMG, are you kidding me? I would love to have that space (and fabric), its wonderful. Lucky you!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I think your den is bigger than my house. Looks as big as one of the LQSs near me. I live in a small house with a small room for my quilting. Spent better part of yesterday prewashing and folding and trying to just organize my stash and not done yet. Looks great.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast