Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe It Or Not, DEN IS DONE!

Last Update!

Well, we decided that those ugly brown walls had to go, so another trip to Lowes. For some reason, we were in sink this time and we went right to work, found the curtains I liked first, and from there to the paint. It is a green-blue, muted color called Eucalyptus, and I love it! Even DH liked it right off the bat! :wink: So back home we came to move all the new furniture back out, (by now we had furniture stacked on top of furniture!) and we set in to put 3 more coats of paint on these den walls. then I took another week for me to get pictures hung and everything else decidedon , rug, and where to place furniture.
    It finally had a break in the rain and we hauled off the old furniture last Saturday, except for Mortimer's couch, which is now residing in our bedroom! :wink:

The picture of my desk is where I sit and chew the rag with all of you, and thanks for being here when I needed someone to rant and rave to! :D

So if you likey, please let me know and if you don't likey please be so kind as to LIE to me, as I can't stand the idea of ever painting this Den again!!!

Ninnie

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0115.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0112.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0109.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0117.JPG[/img]

LOL! I don't have to lie. I love it!!

Blog Entries
    My nose isn't growing when I say "I LOVE IT" :D :D :D It is be-yu-te-ful 8) 8) 8)

well, girlfriend, you know I love it. Need a closeup look at those curtains. What color are they...and should have gotten Mortimer in there, so we could see, the dimensions of things, next to him. So, does he spend his time, lying on couch in your room, or, is he gonna claim a new one? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    LOL! I don't have to lie. I love it!!
    Thank you Lisa, It has been an ordeal, but I guess it was worth it! Now I won't let DH wear his farm boots in here! :evil: I'm sure that will wear off as it gets old, though. I do know that I'm getting too old to be climbing up and down a ladder all day. :cry: Where the computer is, that's where I sit up my floor frame to quilt and I'll be glasd when i have a top to put there. :D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    My nose isn't growing when I say "I LOVE IT" :D :D :D It is be-yu-te-ful 8) 8) 8)
    Thank you Amma, maybe now I'll won't be such a bi@$& now! :wink:

Not lying when I say I love it, It looks really good, i wish I could get half my house to look that good. I might have to change the color here in the sewing room.

I really love the color, especially with the woodwork and brown furniture. The second picture shows what a lovely layout you have. Yes. I like. Now. Do you wanna come over and do my sewing room for me? Please?

Ninnie, was it brown paneling that you had in your room? I have that too, yechhhhh! Did you do any priming, or just painting? How many coats? I'm trying to figure out what I have in store for myself before I start, but I REALLY need to do something with the family room and it's icky brown panelled walls... Add to that faux brick in the kitchen and I just cry.... :evil:

I really do love it!! The colors look inviting and restful!!! (Did you have brown paneling on the wall?? My living room is like that and it is SO ugly...)

here is a picture of Mortimer, just for you QC! And no he is not allowed on my new couch, at least not yet! :wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really love the color! What is sitting on the shelf? Is it dolls? I cannot tell. I think you both did a smashing job!

Awwww.. is Mortimer a great dane? He is really gorgeous :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJ
    Ninnie, was it brown paneling that you had in your room? I have that too, yechhhhh! Did you do any priming, or just painting? How many coats? I'm trying to figure out what I have in store for myself before I start, but I REALLY need to do something with the family room and it's icky brown panelled walls... Add to that faux brick in the kitchen and I just cry.... :evil:
    Yes it was paneling, but I painted it years ago, about 20. One morning I told DH I couldn't take those dark walls anymore and I was going to paint them and he said you can't paint paneling, but I did! They were white for a few years and coral to match some furniture that I had and then a dark blue for several years and then we painted them brown this month and hated them , now they are Eucalyptus!! :D
    I think I did prim it many years ago, but you can paint your walls! :lol: And no, I will not come and help! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    And no, I will not come and help! :evil:
    Sheesh! You didn't even take time to think about that! :shock:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I was thinking the very same thing :shock: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Yeah, what's up with that???

Love your new room, but have a question. Does Mortimer know he is not allowed on the new furniture?

Blog Entries
    I guess being helpful stops at the handle end of a paint brush :wink:

Ducky, hum, come and do your sewing room go through your stash , wait hold up there, no no more painting this year!

quiltwoman, glad you like it, yes that is a Great Dane and he is rotten! On the shelve are 3 angels that belonged to my grandmother, a rocking grandmother that belonged to my great-grandmother and a doll that my Auntie Anita made for me!
    sewjoyce , paint them walls, just go to lowes and tell them and you can do it!
    thanks Loretta and cutebuns, glad you like it!

It is lovely. I want to come over, curl up in one of those chairs with some hand quilting, a cup of tea in front of a cozy fire.

I do love that color, and the dog matches :wink: You did a great job,furniture and all looks wonderful. Congradulations.
    BillsBonBon

Blog Entries
    Well, what a relief! It looks so nice,cool and refreshing! I really like your choice and thanks for showing us where you sit and talk to us. I like to visualize...(of course I'm going to picture you all dressed up nice and fancy...don't tell me about that ratty old bathrobe :wink:) And...I don't think you should go "help" paint....but now think about it....go through her stash for "supervising"?? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I was thinking the very same thing :shock: :lol: :lol:

I think you have the cart before the horse here, I hadn't even answered you yet! :P
    Now about helping Ducky, well it's like this my right hand is crocked from too much painting and my left knee is sprained from too much ladder climbing, and my back is crocked from too much lifting and...., well I think you got the picture :D , if it wasn't for all this I'd be glad to help :( !! :wink:

And yes, sandpat, I always dress up to talk with you ladies! :wink:
    I'm in my best nightgown! :lol: :lol:

thanks BillsBonBon!!
    mortimer is not allowed on the couch...yet!

Quiltmama, you just come right on, how about a glass of sweet ice tea, and some air conditioning, since it's going to be 99 tomorrow :wink:

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Ninnie, your room looks very refreshing & inviting. I love eucalyptus anything so I do love this color as well. Enjoy!!

I know how you feel about painting. I am in the middle to end of a kitchen remodel and it is not as much fun as it use to be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast