Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Reorganized My quilting den

Beautiful and an inspiration to get my area arranged to be more efficient! WOW!!!

Blog Entries
    A truly lovely room! Well done!

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Good golly Miss Molly! I want to come play at your house too! I love how you have it all so organized. That must have taken quite a bit of your time. I'm with some of the others, what I would give to have that kind of space. Actually, any space at the moment would do. I have plenty of fabric and no place left to sew. Congrats on your accomplishment, it was well earned!

That is an awesome space!!! And I LOVE the drawers! Thanks for sharing......and making the rest of us jealous!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    So I did an inventory and with everything you have here ( studio Go, etc) I have to ask...... Are you in business? A professional who is making money off your quilting? Just had to ask, lol. Sure is lovely!
    I am not in business. I got the accucut studio after my husband saw the system at an aqs show in Nashville and decided I needed that. I didn't buy at the show and he kept on after we got home so I said you buy it, and he did. I feel so blessed and I share my equipment with my quilting buddies. If you look closely, a lot of my furniture is repurposed. My cutting table is an old library table my mom got when a local high school closed. It is set on 2 by 4's glued together and routed out where the legs fit. after i got the ikea shorter units, I asked a friend to put a board on the table that would extend over the shelves, so I can cut those long borders. The storage underneath were acquired at a garage sale for $5 and just fit underneath the table. The desks beside my sewing area are tables my son scavaged from a nail salon that went out of business. My ironing board is a board screwed to the top of my mom's old ironing board. You know those older metal boards were so much sturdier than the new ones today. It has been a process over the last 5 years.

I occasionally will quilt for a friend, but am always afraid I will mess it up. I make quilts for the joy of making them and give them away to family or donate to my church or when grandkids need something for an auction. Because I am so blessed, I share what I have with my quilting friends. they gather at my home and we sew together. It is my hobby that has turned into a passion for the craft. I learned a long time ago that if I am productive, I have to have order and good tools. It helps that my DH of 48 yrs tells me his purpose in life is to keep me happy. He's done a great job! LOL I have been reading these posts for a long time. I love the pictures of the quilts and have saved the pictures of many and this was my first post. Thank you all for all the encouraging comments. I will post some of my quilts that this space has produced.

Gorgeous and spaceous sure wish I had this space it's like your own quilting shop. Sue

My Ambien ( I take it because my husband snores and a I am a light sleeper) which makes me have wild dreams, so when I saw your studio, I thought I must be dreaming!! What a fantasy sewing room! My room is 10 x 12 so yours is truly a "dream" to me!!!

Wow! Your room looks great. Wish I had a big room like yours...doubt it would be this organized because I can destroy a sewing room in less than 15 minutes. I bet it makes you happy being able to see your beautiful fabrics.

I am going to now go to my corner and pout! I am jealous lol, wow, that is a nice space....someday I hope to have something as lovely.

For those who want to visit: what is your favorite coffee? Will someone else bring some goodies? What a treat to have space like that!

WOW nice set up

I think your sewing space is as big as my house! You must feel like you are in heaven when you are sewing. I'm jealous but glad you enjoy your awesome room. I bet you crank out some beauties with all that inspiration.
    Everything in life happens for a reason.

What a fabulous room and you have so many beautiful fabrics. Nice work organizing.
    Kitsy

I want to know...do you ever leave your wonderful room? I wouldn't. How nice and you have it laid out very well too. Lucky girl you are!! Thanks for sharing.
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Wonderful organized room!! Lucky girl. Love your room!!
    Cookie

Your space could be labeled "Quilter's Heaven) it's wonderful, shows a great deal of thought and love of the "quilting" part of your life.

OMG I don't think I would ever come out..........you lucky lucky gal

To TX GMimi: I'LL BRING THE KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!!!!

LOVE your organized space ! Last year we bought the Ikea cubbies and now we have moved and I have my own sewing room. Not as large as yours but its MY space and I am in the process of getting it organized thank you for sharing and best of all Happy Quilting !

Amazing space! However that is not a den, it is a cavern. No you would not be bragging, you just would be telling the truth. It is great you share with your friends, it is clearly a well loved space.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnan View Post
    I can't imagine having this much space. I live in such a small house so this makes me very jealous. Thanks for sharing your pics.
    Know just how you feel, I have 6 quare feet and I thought I had a lot of material, I have NOTHING compared to many of you ladies. If I outlive my DH I will be able to make a better space, but he has the room I would use for h is "stuff". Oh well. Wouldn't mind so much but he doesn't do anything with it 99.9% of the time, just take up room.
    Last edited by Carol34446; 04-18-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Design Wall Help

Would you please share how you made your design wall?
    thank you so much ....
    Please pm me
    thank you - Dianemarie

Quote Originally Posted by Wild8580 View Post
    I am not in business. I got the accucut studio after my husband saw the system at an aqs show in Nashville and decided I needed that. I didn't buy at the show and he kept on after we got home so I said you buy it, and he did. I feel so blessed and I share my equipment with my quilting buddies. If you look closely, a lot of my furniture is repurposed. My cutting table is an old library table my mom got when a local high school closed. It is set on 2 by 4's glued together and routed out where the legs fit. after i got the ikea shorter units, I asked a friend to put a board on the table that would extend over the shelves, so I can cut those long borders. The storage underneath were acquired at a garage sale for $5 and just fit underneath the table. The desks beside my sewing area are tables my son scavaged from a nail salon that went out of business. My ironing board is a board screwed to the top of my mom's old ironing board. You know those older metal boards were so much sturdier than the new ones today. It has been a process over the last 5 years.

I occasionally will quilt for a friend, but am always afraid I will mess it up. I make quilts for the joy of making them and give them away to family or donate to my church or when grandkids need something for an auction. Because I am so blessed, I share what I have with my quilting friends. they gather at my home and we sew together. It is my hobby that has turned into a passion for the craft. I learned a long time ago that if I am productive, I have to have order and good tools. It helps that my DH of 48 yrs tells me his purpose in life is to keep me happy. He's done a great job! LOL I have been reading these posts for a long time. I love the pictures of the quilts and have saved the pictures of many and this was my first post. Thank you all for all the encouraging comments. I will post some of my quilts that this space has produced.

nice space.....and so neat & clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am so jealous. You have what I dream about. Have lots of fun in your great room.

Power Poster
    WOW...What an awesome space...Love it......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast