Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   sewing room - pretty much done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-pretty-much-done-t225658.html)

EmiliasNana 07-13-2013 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love your "L-shaped" table. I covered my table with self stick Velcro on the board, and sew-on Velcro on the fabric. Also made an opening in ea. side that overlaps so I have easier access or can remove a section if need be. Good luck! The curtain hides a lot of clutter. Your sewing space looks great. Enjoy![ATTACH=CONFIG]423705[/ATTACH]

lots2do 07-13-2013 09:00 AM

Love both of your spaces! As far as the rolling cart with the pullout drawers maybe you could make a cover for it too. Let's see if I can explain it simply. Make it a three sided slip cover that covers the back, both sides and the top. Then have a long flap in the front that extends from the top piece. When you don't want to use the drawers, pull down the flap that covers the front of all of those drawers. You could even put a cute little bow on each side to tie or make a little velcroed flap on each side to keep it shut. When you want to use it, flip up the flap and you can pull out any drawer. You could use some sewing themed fabric and even make the cover to match your skirt for your table. Hope this is clearer than mud!

nygal 07-13-2013 09:04 AM

It looks great. I especially love the old sewing machine cabinet.

carolaug 07-13-2013 09:49 AM

That is a super idea!

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 6175244)
Love both of your spaces! As far as the rolling cart with the pullout drawers maybe you could make a cover for it too. Let's see if I can explain it simply. Make it a three sided slip cover that covers the back, both sides and the top. Then have a long flap in the front that extends from the top piece. When you don't want to use the drawers, pull down the flap that covers the front of all of those drawers. You could even put a cute little bow on each side to tie or make a little velcroed flap on each side to keep it shut. When you want to use it, flip up the flap and you can pull out any drawer. You could use some sewing themed fabric and even make the cover to match your skirt for your table. Hope this is clearer than mud!

carolaug 07-13-2013 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
not sure what a second class crow is...which picture...the boy is noone I know...it came with the frame. I still need another picture. I am going through my old pictures from my grandparents. The bottom right is my great, great grand parents, the one above it is my grandmother and Aunt as a baby. [ATTACH=CONFIG]423713[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Ellen (Post 6175041)
Carol, is that a Second Class Crow in the picture frame on the treadle machine? Love your room... sigh. Someday!!!!!!

Carol34446 07-13-2013 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 6174536)
One of my big issues is the lighting. I need to figure out what to do about that. I also hate the plastic colored bins. The one on wheels...they are cheap and ugly but it does hold the cut pieces and makes it easy to get at. My husband says it does not go with the room and I should get rid of it. hmm...need to think of a solution. I love the curtain rods! When I am making a quilt I can put up a flannel piece. I have clip on rings. I have to find out what I did with the other package I bought a while back.

They have paint for plastic at WM and you could get a few cans and spray the drawers whatever color they have that you want for $10.

wolph33 07-13-2013 12:45 PM

Room looks very nice. Have fun in it

nunnyJo 07-13-2013 03:39 PM

love your room but too clean to be a sewing room, let's meet and mess it up, hehe

mimi=17 07-13-2013 05:32 PM

Great room.

AuntieD 07-13-2013 06:38 PM

I love it!!! Yea for you!!!