Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   The Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-t209312.html)

cowgirlquilter 12-27-2012 10:32 AM

Such a great space!!!!!

CAS49OR 12-27-2012 12:39 PM

Thanks! It is much better than when I started. I forgot to mention he made the thread stand too. He sure is handy to have around. He invented a knitting gadget so I can turn two skeins of yarn without tangling them -- I'm knitting two-at-a-time magic loop socks. He made it out of toilet plumbing products found at the hardware store. :thumbup: PCV tubes and wooden dowels and -- its hard to explain, lol!

Momo 12-27-2012 03:52 PM

What a sweet handy DH you have and clever too. Your sewing room looks so fresh and clean. Enjoy it.

imnywoman 12-27-2012 04:28 PM

Wonderful!! I just love looking at the thrift shops and clearance aisles for storage goodies for my sewing room. Have fun and stay creative.

Micki922 12-27-2012 07:46 PM

It looks like a great room with everything you need close by. Isn't it wonderful to have a room? I remember all the years I sewed on the kitchen or DR table and had to put stuff away for dinner to happen! It makes you appreciate the simple things

mighty 12-28-2012 08:10 AM

Really awesome!!!!!!

CAS49OR 12-28-2012 09:09 AM

yes, especially since I have no need for an office! If I had known I was going to be a sewing fanatic when we built the house I would have known about high outlets, a sewing counter, and storage, storage, storage ... :D
I am happy we've done so much to make it so pleasant to work in there now!

We lived in a one bedroom studio apartment for 8 months while this house was being built and my new sewing machine never even came out of the box, and I just started sewing about 2 years ago. Luckily, my "ebay special" Janome (new in the box) ended up being a great machine. I didn't even know what to look for in machines.

I hope some of my budget ideas help other people too. I had posted my extension table previously and have to admit I like the built in machine much better! Hubby made the "extension table" out of foam core and vinyl.

Originally Posted by Micki922 (Post 5744476)
It looks like a great room with everything you need close by. Isn't it wonderful to have a room? I remember all the years I sewed on the kitchen or DR table and had to put stuff away for dinner to happen! It makes you appreciate the simple things

gramquilter2 12-28-2012 10:33 AM

Great space

Mamatron 12-28-2012 11:58 PM

Nice sewing space. I wish my ironing board looked that good.

CAS49OR 03-21-2013 02:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I updated my sewing space. We moved the file cabinet from under the counter. Now I have room for the serger, or can move it and put my other sewing machine there for company -- now I just need a sewing buddy.
The file cabinet drawers open towards the sewing cupboard, so I didn't lose all that storage in them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403330[/ATTACH]

There is plenty of room for a cutting mat between the machines:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403328[/ATTACH]

We moved the file cabinet over by the desk, stained a nice piece of wood to put on top of it, now I have more desktop room too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403329[/ATTACH]