Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing Room Tidy List for Jan/Feb (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-tidy-list-jan-feb-t301946.html)

Julienm1 01-02-2019 08:04 AM

Maybe if I tidy up my fabric room, I'll find the redwork pattern that is hiding....and I mean REALLY hiding.

cenpaqltr 01-02-2019 08:40 AM

Great motivator... Mine looks like a rain wreck - time to tidy and then on to those wonderful projects for the year. thanks a bunch!

dunster 01-02-2019 08:46 AM

I'm a list maker too, so I understand your need to get organized in that way. But I've found that sometimes my lists bog me down and I get more done if I just put the list down and tackle the project. Some things don't take as long as I think they will, once I get started.

zozee 01-02-2019 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Today I tackled the cutting table.
First I took a picture.
Then I emptied the two trash cans in the room.
Then I set my timer for 30 minutes, but when it beeped, I still had motivation to finish.

Presenting....

The mess before. Scraps, cards, stickers, tools, a sign that's buried, a drinking glass, one too many little table-top trash containers (which I use for very small bits and threads). I didn't have room to cut an entire yard of fabric without moving stuff out of the way. There's a reason it's called a cutting table, people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606144[/ATTACH]

Approximately 90 minutes later, everything that didn't belong here is now where it does.

I can cut more than a yard of fabric now. Imagine that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606145[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606146[/ATTACH]

MarionsQuilts 01-02-2019 11:37 AM

OMG You had me cracking up laughing Zozee! I'm such a neat freak when it comes to my quilting and my reading that there is no way my room would ever be messy. I put things away as soon as I am done using them - fabric measured? Rulers and cutting tools are hung up instantly.

Now, if you want to talk about where I "fail" ... it's cooking ... I can cook - I just hate cooking. So my meals are mainly salads. I make a huge salad every sunday and that's what I have for supper every night LOL

Your cutting space looks awesome!

rryder 01-02-2019 01:48 PM

Great job, Zozee!

Rob

dunster 01-02-2019 02:53 PM

Hooray! My cutting table is hugs, but I still have to do clean-up when I want to use it. Too often the clutter just gets pushed to one end.

Conchalea 01-02-2019 03:05 PM

Great job, Zozee! If my area is clear, it means I’m working in another area!

Jingle 01-02-2019 03:40 PM

Looks great Zozee.

I just have a 90" countertop I need to unclutter. I sorted and reorganized my fabrics a few months ago. I store my things in upper cabinets and that was done after organizing my fabrics. I do need to dust the floor. I spot dust it so it never gets too bad.

sewbizgirl 01-02-2019 03:51 PM

Very nice work, Zozee! And your list shows you are a far more organized person than I am. :D

I did a big declutter at Thanksgiving, so the family could come and actually use the dining room to gather and eat! (It's my "downstairs" sewing room the rest of the year). I tend to put stuff away as soon as I'm finished with it, so it's still nice and orderly (more or less). My upstairs sewing room (longarm room) stays pretty neat. So I'm all ready to dive into 2019 projects!

I have some plastic drawers full of precut scraps, that I want to empty out. My goal is to make scrap quilts for donation with them. So far, so good!