Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing studio is being painted. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-studio-being-painted-t229160.html)

Sew Freak 09-01-2013 05:02 AM

be sure to send out "after" photos!!! I'm dying to see the final result, I know it will be awesome!!!

Lori S 09-01-2013 05:11 AM

Wow , the idea of emptying my sewing room .. is the single biggest reason I have not painted mine.....in a REALLY long time. Seeing your fresh clean walls is very motivating.

sulyle 09-01-2013 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6267250)
Wow , the idea of emptying my sewing room .. is the single biggest reason I have not painted mine.....in a REALLY long time. Seeing your fresh clean walls is very motivating.

Me too. I'm beyond impressed that he would do that for you. When I think about all the work involved with clearing out my sewing room I just continue to live with my blah walls but it would be so nice to have pretty walls like yours and then reset the whole room.

mighty 09-01-2013 06:09 AM

It looks so pretty!!!

sewmom 09-01-2013 07:19 AM

That color is one of my favorites. We painted our bathroom in the house on the lake a similar color. It was Sherwin Williams "At Sea" but had it in Beehr paint from Home Depot because I love that paint.
Anyway it's beautiful and when everything is put back in order you will love your room even more. Mine is still white paint with wallpaper wainscoting that was there when my son had this room. I added curtains (and all my stuff) but it needs repainting and new carpet and better shelves and organization and better lighting and and and- well you get the idea. Lol

damaquilts 09-01-2013 07:20 AM

Beautiful color. Clean and bright

sjdal 09-01-2013 10:57 AM

what kind of a table is the one in the hallway with the black legs? Great color! Lucky you...keep hubby around.

Nan C 09-01-2013 01:38 PM

Wow and your dog looks like "what is going on here"? Have a nice time on your vacation and happy quilting in your newly painted room!! :)

lots2do 09-01-2013 04:38 PM

Lovely color...very similar to my sewing room someday in Florida if my IPad is showing the true color. I,'d give your hubby a big hug. Think of how motivated you'll be when you return to get everything back in there!

VernaL 09-01-2013 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 6266201)
When I was at work, my DH emptied my sewing studio and surprised me!! I had picked out a color in the spring, and 2 days ago he decided it was time to paint. There is sewing stuff everywhere upstairs. Here are some of the pics of the room. I leave on vacation on tuesday (visiting my DS) and he will NOT put anything back. Yes there is a sewing machine in the bathroom, stuff is everywhere, he even put all the fabric in plastic bags, stuff everywhere, but it looks beautiful. Oh yes, he did run out of paint, he said "maybe no one would notice, and I can have a huge design wall". Needless to say, he went back to Lowe's for another gallon.

I'm going to go through the same thing, but mine will be new carpeting and I will get to do the packing and unpacking. I'm not looking forward to the packing and moving, but we sure need the new carpeting. I would really like vinyl in my sewing room, but I also want to make sure the flooring matches the rest of the house for a resale someday. So, I'm going with the carpet. Looks like your new color will be wonderful! I painted my sewing room a lime green several years ago. I feel very creative in there.
Verna